Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam sound not synchonizing
MichelPion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2021 16:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I'm sort of new using Power director 365. It is my first time trying to use Multicam editing. I've been following all the steps to setup, but my problem is even after synchronizing the audio, I never see the audio track appearing on the audio which makes it difficult, if not impossible to synchronize the sound on all tracks.

Also, if you do not complete the editing inn the multicam screen, is it possible to close the project and retrieve the multicam screen? It seems that when I do that I have to start over everytime.

Not sure if someone else has the same issue, but was unable to get a match on my initial search.

Thanks in advance,
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
All the syncing is done within the MultiCam Designer where all clips are synced to a single audio track after clicking on the Apply button. This quick tutorial shows all the basic steps.

If you create a Single Video (to be placed on the timeline) it's better to make all the camera changes in the MCD rather than doing any further tweaks to the output on the timeline since all those edits will be lost if you need to return to the MCD tool later.

Saving the MCD progress and reopening it later as is detailed in this post.
MichelPion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2021 16:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote All the syncing is done within the MultiCam Designer where all clips are synced to a single audio track after clicking on the Apply button. This quick tutorial shows all the basic steps.

If you create a Single Video (to be placed on the timeline) it's better to make all the camera changes in the MCD rather than doing any further tweaks to the output on the timeline since all those edits will be lost if you need to return to the MCD tool later.

Saving the MCD progress and reopening it later as is detailed in this post.

Thank you for the quick reply. After numerous tries the synching of the sound is not working at all for me. Could it be because the two camera footage are in a different format? Is there a way around this? Is that possible to synch the two tracks manually in the MCD screen?

Thanks again
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the quick reply. After numerous tries the synching of the sound is not working at all for me. Could it be because the two camera footage are in a different format? Is there a way around this? Is that possible to synch the two tracks manually in the MCD screen?

Thanks again

If "Synchronization" is set to "Audio Analysis" and you hit apply, the clips will move in the MultiCam Designer timeline to adjust to the synchronization that was found, if not found, clips are stacked end to end. Several synchronization options exist to align clips in the drop down. I’ve often had to do kind of a hybrid approach. See if sync by audio works with clips in the timeline, one may have to select smaller areas that you know are common audio and then see if those sync then expand clips once positioned. In timeline view, get the timecode offsets between all the sync’d clips. In MultiCam designer, set clip markers at these needed timecodes for alignment, and then use sync by “Markers on Clips” instead.

Other times, it’s easier to forget MultiCam Designer and just use multiple tracks in the timeline editor and do the camera back and forth panning manually.

Jeff
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Is multicam editing included in PD Ultimate? Just got a second cam and was thinking this might be handy...
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is multicam editing included in PD Ultimate? Just got a second cam and was thinking this might be handy...

I looked on the Cyberlink site and didn't see any mention of it in the comparison page so I thought I'd ask here.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I looked on the Cyberlink site and didn't see any mention of it in the comparison page so I thought I'd ask here.

It's in the comparison page here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25676 "Multi-Cam Designer"

But yes, it is included.

Jeff
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]

It's in the comparison page here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25676 "Multi-Cam Designer"

But yes, it is included.

Jeff

Thanks. I knew there was a comparison page, just couldn't find it. Cheers.