Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import external video effects?
Neil G 3386 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2021 09:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

There are so many different resources available for video special effects, outside of PowerDirector's own library. Is it possible to import these effects from external sources into PowerDirector?

In particular, I see many high-end call out effects available online which I would love to incorporate into my PowerDirector projects.

Thanks for your advice.

Neil G

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2021 12:25

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Generally speaking, the only plug-ins that can be used in PD are the ones that Cyberlink provides. There are some current and legacy packs from NewBlue FX, Pixelan, ProDad and BorisFX that work, while standalone apps (like NewBlue's Titler Pro 2-7 series) don't need to coordinate with PD to generate usable content.

Some people have had success using the generic OFX version of various plug-ins but there's no guarantee that any of them will work. Even some plug-ins ostensibly compatible with PD may not work, as was discussed here.
Neil G 3386 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2021 09:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Generally speaking, the only plug-ins that can be used in PD are the ones that Cyberlink provides. There are some current and legacy packs from NewBlue FX, Pixelan, ProDad and BorisFX that work, while standalone apps (like NewBlue's Titler Pro 2-7 series) don't need to coordinate with PD to generate usable content.

Some people have had success using the generic OFX version of various plug-ins but there's no guarantee that any of them will work. Even some plug-ins ostensibly compatible with PD may not work, as was discussed here.

Thank you OptoData, this has helped a lot and I'll check out some of the legacy packs. Maybe I will also send feedback to Cyberlink with a few ideas for more call out / motion graphic designs.

Take care and thanks again.