Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen recorder 4 Deluxe installation fails
Reinhard Klein [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2021 04:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Tried to install newly purchased Screen Recorder 4 Deluxe upgrade from SR 16.
CyberLink_ScreenRecorder4_Deluxe_SRC210421-01.exe
Installation runs through OK.
After Start of App a windows comes up about 16x8cm in size with black and grey rectangles in it, with no text.
Then app breaks up after couple of seconds.
Screen recorder 16 still runs OK after Upgrade installation.
I am not asked for the upgrade license key either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2021 04:57

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There is no SR16, so maybe you're referring to the SR app that came with PowerDirector16? The older versions were SR, SR2 and SR3.

As for your installation problem, try right-clicking on the installer and choosing Run as Administrator. If that doesn't, work follow the steps in this post and run the two commands shown in bold exactly as typed to see if there might be problems with Windows system files.

If you still can't install SR4, you should contact CL tech support directly.
Reinhard Klein [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your suggestions,
I have done all, the windows tools did not sgow anything wrong with system files., but did not help.
Have addressed problem to customer support of cyberlink.

I tried to install this exe at 4 different Laptops and PC.s, with Windows 10 same effect aon all of them.
Two of them had no previous Cyberlink Power Director 16 either, no change.
So I would think tht the istallation exe is defect.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that sounds like a problem with the installer. You might be able to download a new copy from your account but you may need to have customer service send you a new download link.
Reinhard Klein [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, that sounds like a problem with the installer. You might be able to download a new copy from your account but you may need to have customer service send you a new download link.

On June 19 I sent 3 files cyberlink support had requested for analysis.
On June 26, after I have not received any answer from support to my problem, I requested to refund my purchase fee via PayPal problem resolution.
On June 28, the money was refunded by paPal

Just to try, today June 29 i downloaded the test version of Screen Recorder 4, not the upgrade version which i could not get to start, but the full version.
Guess what, exactly the same Problem. It does not work either.
So I assume that there is some problem with the current Screen Recorder 4 installation files, or a compatibility issue with other installed SW under Windows 10 Version 21H1

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 28. 2021 17:35

optodata
[Post New]
I'm glad you were able to get your money refunded.

I have SR4 installed on 2 different PCs each running 21H1 without any problems. However, when I tried to install the SR4 Essential trial version it uninstalled my existing (licensed) version and then failed to start, exactly as you described on your computer(s). I'm surprised that CL hasn't noticed/fixed this issue yet, as it likely is why the newest SR4 Deluxe installer is broken.

I then ran the installer for SR4 Deluxe 4.2.8482 from Oct 2019, and after it uninstalled the trial version it ran normally. I entered my license code and then downloaded and applied the patch to 4.2.7.14500, and it is still working properly.

If you're stilling wanting to use SR4, one thing I can do is send you a private message with a link to the older SR4 Deluxe installer. I imagine you'd be able to run it and verify that you can get to the license screen. Obviously you would need to purchase the license again from CL to actually use it, but you would at least know that you have a working product this time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2021 18:18

optodata
[Post New]
I should also add that starting last Dec, tech support/customer service no longer seems to be sending emails when someone has updated my service requests. The only way I can see if anything has happened is to manually check the My Support Ticket page.

It's possible that they have found something and were waiting for you to run more tests or try out a new installer, so I suggest checking there first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2021 15:37

Reinhard Klein [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I should also add that starting last Dec, tech support/customer service no longer seems to be sending emails when soeone has updated my service requests. The only way I can see if anything has happened is to manually check the My Support Ticket page.

It's possible that they have found something and were waiting for you to run more tests or try out a new installer so I suggest checking there first.

Thanks for offering your old installer- please send me a PN with a link.

Yes, support is not sending any e-mails, I looked hourly into the support pages to check if there was anything new, but it was not.
Adamist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2021 21:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Did you check the system compatibility? To record another screen, application window, or browser tab in the same recording, click the screen icon again, select what you want to record, and then click "Share." You'll repeat this process until you've shared all of the screens, windows, and tabs you'd like to record. This is the usual procedure when the recorder is working. Here is a list of other apps on https://macpaw.com/how-to/screen-recorder-apps, which you can try and see if they work for you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2021 21:21

Reinhard Klein [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you check the system compatibility?

Yes, that was OK
The older level Installer worked fine.
optodata
[Post New]
For anyone still encountering this issue, CL released a new installer that fixes the issue. The post is at the top of the SR forum, and here's a direct link.