Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit on another device
Dominik8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2021 16:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

i have my Phone with the PD app (payed version), a Tablet with the same version and my PC with the PD 365. I can pack projects on the pc to store them. How is it possible to start a project on one device (normaly the Phone) while filming, edit it at the Tablet (in the evening) and finish them at the PC (after the vacation)?
I want to use a lokal methode as for example an USB Stick cause i do not have Wifi all the Time

Kind regards,
Dominik
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The main way to do that would be to pack the project materials and save them to either Cyberlink cloud or Google Drive. Obviously you'd need wi-fi/internet access when uploading/downloading, but once that transfer had finished you're free to continue editing without any connection to the outside world.

To intercept the packed project and transfer it to a USB drive, you'd need a third-party "file manager" type of app that could find the cloud drive's temp/cache folder, then transfer the contents to the USB drive and then to the same temp/cache folder on the other device. I don't know how difficult that might be or what kinds of permissions and syncing issues might come up, though.

You might want to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to see a local (USB, BT or NFC) project transfer option. Go to Settings > FAQ & Send Feedback in the mobile app.

One important limitation is that the mobile app (on your phone & tablet) can work with the same project files, but once you import the mobile project into the desktop version and save it, you can no longer open it on a mobile device.
Dominik8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2021 16:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks alot. I will try this.
I´m a little bit astonished that i´m the only one who is using a mobile device offline ... i will send e feedback to the developers.

again - thank you .
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks alot. I will try this.
I´m a little bit astonished that i´m the only one who is using a mobile device offline ... i will send e feedback to the developers.

again - thank you .

You're not, see: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/86353.page

Only being able to move projects to desktop via upload and then also download... I mean what the helll... My most recent project is 20GB!!! It's complete freaking nonsensical.

Makes me want to switch to a pro solution. I'll have to pony up more cash and get a better performing laptop, but at least I won't have to deal with these kinds of limited amateur oriented ways of doing things.

It's a shame because I really like PowerDirector in most ways but some things are just nonsensical. Like also not being able to set 2K resolution for example. Complete oversights in both regards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2021 08:37

Keith2553 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2021 04:59 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am using 365 on a iMac and as I will be going away for 3 months next year, and filming, I need to edit while away. I almost bought a laptop ( will use my Samsung Galaxy with the mobile app PD), but now see I can upload footage to the tablet then edit in a simple way and either upload without too much editing to YouTube channel or save to the cloud or external device for editing when I get back to my iMac.

Does the mobile app save the projects in the same file format as my iMac, or do I have to produce on Tablet then as an MP4 edit once back on iMac?

Can I move any titles from my iMac to my tablet and import to PD ?

has anyone experiences any restrictions working on tablet first then pc/iMac?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have a mac so I can only talk about the Windows version.

When you export a project from the mobile app (in .pdm format), all media clips, titles, etc. that you've used in the mobile project are included in the exported project folder and they'll all appear on the full PD timeline when you open the project.

It's always a one-way trip from mobile app to desktop version, though. You are free to produce the project on the desktop version and import just that clip back into tthe mobile app, but none of the timeline resources used to make that clip will be available.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using 365 on a iMac and as I will be going away for 3 months next year, and filming, I need to edit while away. I almost bought a laptop ( will use my Samsung Galaxy with the mobile app PD), but now see I can upload footage to the tablet then edit in a simple way and either upload without too much editing to YouTube channel or save to the cloud or external device for editing when I get back to my iMac.

Does the mobile app save the projects in the same file format as my iMac, or do I have to produce on Tablet then as an MP4 edit once back on iMac?

Can I move any titles from my iMac to my tablet and import to PD ?

has anyone experiences any restrictions working on tablet first then pc/iMac?

Hi,
These posts may be of interest:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84765.page
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83011.page
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84299.page
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85875.page
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/86353.page

Unless anything has changed very recently, and I have no Mac to test on, the project files are not interchangeable between Mac and PC. They have differing structures and so the Mac project falls over on the PC version, and vice versa. So, unfortunately, there seems to be no easy way to do what you require.

If you could get Boot Camp to operate the windows version on your iMac, you might have a reasonable pathway to do what you want??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator