where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit on another device
Reply to this topic
Dominik8 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 14, 2021 16:45 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

i have my Phone with the PD app (payed version), a Tablet with the same version and my PC with the PD 365. I can pack projects on the pc to store them. How is it possible to start a project on one device (normaly the Phone) while filming, edit it at the Tablet (in the evening) and finish them at the PC (after the vacation)?
I want to use a lokal methode as for example an USB Stick cause i do not have Wifi all the Time

Kind regards,
Dominik
optodata [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6859 Offline
[Post New]
The main way to do that would be to pack the project materials and save them to either Cyberlink cloud or Google Drive. Obviously you'd need wi-fi/internet access when uploading/downloading, but once that transfer had finished you're free to continue editing without any connection to the outside world.

To intercept the packed project and transfer it to a USB drive, you'd need a third-party "file manager" type of app that could find the cloud drive's temp/cache folder, then transfer the contents to the USB drive and then to the same temp/cache folder on the other device. I don't know how difficult that might be or what kinds of permissions and syncing issues might come up, though.

You might want to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to see a local (USB, BT or NFC) project transfer option. Go to Settings > FAQ & Send Feedback in the mobile app.

One important limitation is that the mobile app (on your phone & tablet) can work with the same project files, but once you import the mobile project into the desktop version and save it, you can no longer open it on a mobile device.
Dominik8 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 14, 2021 16:45 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks alot. I will try this.
I´m a little bit astonished that i´m the only one who is using a mobile device offline ... i will send e feedback to the developers.

again - thank you .
Reply to this topic