Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Running old projects (Power Director 14) on 365 for Apple Macbook (M1) possible?
astrobecker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2021 20:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I have bought Power Director 365 for Apple, thinking, there was a way to open old Power Director 14 - files in the new software. If I try to open old files in the Apple-Version, the software crashes. Question: Is the wish hopeless, or is there a way to modify the old projects so, that I could resume my old work in the new software on the new computer? Coming from Windows 10, Power Director 14 New: Apple Macbook Pro with M1 chip, 8GB Ram Thank you for help!
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Are you trying to open projects created on a PC version of the program with the new Mac version?

I don't think that can work.

Best shot is to use Boot Camp to boot your Mac into Windows and try to open those projects in a Windows version.
astrobecker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you trying to open projects created on a PC version of the program with the new Mac version?

I don't think that can work.

Best shot is to use Boot Camp to boot your Mac into Windows and try to open those projects in a Windows version.

Thank you for your answer! Yes, that is, what I am trying to do. Unfortunately, for the new M1-Chip from Apple, there is not yet a Windows-emulation on the market... Boot Camp ist not running so far on the M1-Chip. (wich is sooo much faster than the Intel-Version, wich is, why I switched from being a Windows-User to using both Systems now... my Windows-Laptop is really old and really slow.)
So, I was dreaming of transferring the old project-format-file into an Apple-readable form.
Thank you again for your thoughts!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you for your answer! Yes, that is, what I am trying to do. Unfortunately, for the new M1-Chip from Apple, there is not yet a Windows-emulation on the market... Boot Camp ist not running so far on the M1-Chip. (wich is sooo much faster than the Intel-Version, wich is, why I switched from being a Windows-User to using both Systems now... my Windows-Laptop is really old and really slow.)
So, I was dreaming of transferring the old project-format-file into an Apple-readable form.
Thank you again for your thoughts!

Hi,

As far as I can find out, via a Zoom screenshare with an imac/mac air with the M1 chip user, the Windows version of project files are not compatible, PDR365 ios just disappears off the screen when asked to open it. Conversely, ios project files cause PD365win10 to fall over as well.

Looks like you may be out of luck!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.
astrobecker [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

As far as I can find out, via a Zoom screenshare with an imac/mac air with the M1 chip user, the Windows version of project files are not compatible, PDR365 ios just disappears off the screen when asked to open it. Conversely, ios project files cause PD365win10 to fall over as well.

Looks like you may be out of luck!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

Thank you for your kind answer and the effort, to find out!
Okay, then I will set my hopes into the future, when maybe there will be a software-emulation of Windows for the M1-chip.

Greetings to you from Germany!