Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce Crashes everytime... again?
Stephen Ginman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2021 07:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I edited my iphone 11 pro's screen recorded game footages.
It is a an 11minute video.

first I exported in HEVC H265 (4k).. i left the computer producing as I slept.
in the morning the file was there. it was 1.5GB, no problems with that. but the file cannot be opened
by winows media player or even VLC. I play h265 vids with my vlc up to 8k footages.

so i tried producing in 1080p. h265.. PD crashes a few mins after starting to produce.

i tried h264, same thing.
i tried the windows media format, same thing.

i tried in low 480p on h264,265, and windows media format, same thing.

i tried restarting my computer after every attempt.

they all play well in preview but just couldnt get produced.

what am i missing?

my PC is Ryzen 5 2600, GTX1070Ti, 16GB 3200mhz RAM.
I edit 4-8k files with it many times before using davinci and PP
so i think my pc is not the issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote what am i missing?

my PC is Ryzen 5 2600, GTX1070Ti, 16GB 3200mhz RAM.
I edit 4-8k files with it many times before using davinci and PP
so i think my pc is not the issue.

PD uses your computer hardware differently than other editing programs do, and if you're seeing PD crash then something is probably not quite right with your system or how it's configured or with the installed drivers.

That's why the Read Me Before Posting guide asks for the DxDiag results to be run and attached as often the technical details contained in the report will point to a likely cause.

CL tech support will also require it if you decide/need to contact them, so it's a good first step to get your problem(s) resolved.

It's also possible that your iPhone clips might play a role, so it's important to track down or rule out the more likely causes first.