Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Parameter is Incorrect
Abe1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2021 16:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When i click "Audio Only", it pops up with the error window: Parameter is incorrect
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I have done some testing, and using the very latest version of PD (365) this error does not occur in my system. Maybe give a bit more information, e.g. what version PD you use and what you have in your media room and/or what other circumstances there are? Even adding a DXdiag file (see instructions) will help.
loki1582 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2021 21:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue in media room audio section. PD365, windows 10 all updated
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
anyone get a resolution to this?
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2012 11:14 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting that message in my downloaded media section. My stock content is useless!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you tell us which particular stock content clip is giving you problems? Does it happen with other downloaded clips as well?
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is happening on all stock photos. I made a loom video of what happens

https://www.loom.com/share/17d74ba3ae634d21b0c2521c2d906dd1

and this is a screenshot of my 'about'

https://gyazo.com/dfe7c6cf214e14af22ef7789746fb050

even with a new project, when I click into the downloaded tab, I get the same message

I was able to successfully download an image into photodirector.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2022 16:56

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the screen recording. I can see why you'd think that the problem happens with any stock photo, but the issue actually isn't with photos at all.

That message only applies to video clips, and I'm virtually certain that you're seeing it because at least one previously downloaded video clip - most likely a QuickTime clip that ends with .mov - is present when PD opens up the Downloaded content library.

You can verify this by closing PD, then reopen it and click on the Downloaded tab without downloading any new clips. I expect you'll see the message again.

If that's the case, the error message keeps popping up because your system isn't configured properly to work with .mov clips. You can either remove all the downloaded .mov clips (right click on each and choose Delete From Disk) or download and install the free QT Lite codec. See this discussion for more info.
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, but I think its something more incidious. I have no .mov files in my download directory. I do get the error when I look at my download folder

perhaps i'm looking in the wrong directory. Where are the downloaded clips stored? or are they freshly downloaded everytime you open the folder?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I have no .mov files in my download directory. I do get the error when I look at my download folder

You clearly do have at least one .mov file:

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Where are the downloaded clips stored? or are they freshly downloaded everytime you open the folder?

They're permanently stored and then loaded into PD each time you click on the Downloaded library or open the Shutterstock broswer. That's why you keep getting the error message.

See this post for the where the download folder is likely located on your system.