Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Most .mov video files downloaded from Shutterstock don't work for me
CeriRees [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2011 16:49 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried downloading 31 video clips from Shutterstock. Only 6 of them load without giving an error message that says "the file is broken, the format unsupported, protected video content, or for another reason." I can, however, open the all outside of PD.

Any suggestions?
[Thumb - Image2.jpg]
 Filename
Image2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have to have the right codecs installed. PD used to come with an Apple app that handled the QuickTime codecs for MOV files, but Apple stopped supporting it on Windows years ago. Many people here now use QTLite.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2020 19:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
CeriRees [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2011 16:49 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You have to have the right codecs installed. PD used to come with an Apple app that handled the QuickTime codecs for MOV files, but Apple stopped supporting it on Windows years ago. Many people here now use QTLite.

Thanks for your quick and helpful response. I had assumed that because other programs could open these files, the right codecs must be installed on my PC and PD would find them. Silly me.