Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video and Audio Not Synced
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
The original audio video is fine.
I edited and created clips in track 1 with Title boxes and fades between clips.
In track 2 I have Title Boxes with overlaying text onto track 1.
The audio is ahead of the video by 1 second or so' .
I turn off track 2 and still the problem exists.
I've replaced the clips and still, the problem remains
It occurs for every clip, there are about 7 clips.

This is a head-scratcher for me.

Any thoughts on a solution?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If the issue is occurring in your produced file, several things appear to trigger, some mp3 files, source video with highly variable frame rates, often easiest to simply convert source video with HandBrake. Convert to a constant frame rate, and mimic other video details. Use this converted video in PD and often sync issues are resolved.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If the issue is occurring in your produced file, several things appear to trigger, some mp3 files, source video with highly variable frame rates, often easiest to simply convert source video with HandBrake. Convert to a constant frame rate, and mimic other video details. Use this converted video in PD and often sync issues are resolved.

Jeff

Not to the produced file yet.

The file plays fine with VLC media player.

IN a new project I imported the file played above.
The file also plays fine in PowerDirector if the file is still in the Media Content window and I preview it.
When I then copy that exact same file that was in media content, (its a .mp4) into PD as a clip and play it there, the audio is ahead of the video.

I found a video suggesting to delete all the temporary files and the problem still exists after that.
Ill try rebooting now and taking a break, I lost a lot of time in the project and need an emotional break.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Chances are your PC isn't up to playing back your timeline edits in real time at the preview resolution you've chosen. Producing should result in a fully synced clip.

If that's the case, go through these steps to keep the audio & video synced in the editing preview.

If the sync issue is still present in the produced video, follow Jeff's suggestions.
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Chances are your PC isn't up to playing back your timeline edits in real time at the preview resolution you've chosen. Producing should result in a fully synced clip.

If that's the case, go through these steps to keep the audio & video synced in the editing preview.

If the sync issue is still present in the produced video, follow Jeff's suggestions.

Possibly, but I hope not. Ive used this PC for several months and done dozens of videos without any issue. THis is the first time this happened.

But your right. the produced version does not have the audio sync issue. Its only when viewing the clip in PD that the audio is out of sync.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Some kinds of edits require lots of processing even though it might seem like they "should be" no big deal. Shadow files and lowering the preview resolution are the main ways to deal with lagging issues like this.

I don't see that you've posted a DxDiag report in your other posts, and seeing that might help identify any outdated drivers or possible Windows issues.
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Some kinds of edits require lots of processing even though it might seem like they "should be" no big deal. Shadow files and lowering the preview resolution are the main ways to deal with lagging issues like this.

I don't see that you've posted a DxDiag report in your other posts, and seeing that might help identify any outdated drivers or possible Windows issues.

Great tips. Thanks. Ill lower the preview res for sure just to avoid potential issues and enable shadow files. Ill be sure to include a DxDiag report on my next post for a any new issue Im having.

Thank you again for helping me work through the problem successfully.