CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SR4 Not Recording System Audio
Reply to this topic
JSC [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried using Screen Recorder 4 for the first time. I want to capture an audio mixing session from Cakewalk SONAR. It captured the screen fine, but no sound. (I can hear the sound fine while I'm recording.)

The audio preferences box doesn't show any devices under input device. The System Audio button is on, with the mix all the way up to System.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2021 17:09

PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on on your system. I just downloaded the Sonar app and SR4 recorded the system audio as expected. Check the attached recording of just the BandLab app.

Nothing is selected as a mic or input but I had the Mix setting at the default (center position):

Filename
20210201195758.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
SR4 recording with BandLab audio
 Filesize
3066 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)
JSC [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Yep. Yours plays. Mine doesn't. So you don't get anything to select under "Input Device: Select a Device to Record" either? Could it be a Sound Control Panel issue?
[Thumb - Sound Control Panel - Playback.PNG]
 Filename
Sound Control Panel - Playback.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - SR4 audio settings.PNG]
 Filename
SR4 audio settings.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Volume Mixer.PNG]
 Filename
Volume Mixer.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6630 Offline
[Post New]
Based on your selection of screenshots I imagine you've been down this road before

I'd try setting the SR4 Mix to the center to see if that makes any difference. Also, turn off the headphones and let the ssound come through the speakers. Maybe reboot and see if SR4 picks the right audio device then.
Reply to this topic