Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SR4 Not Recording System Audio
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried using Screen Recorder 4 for the first time. I want to capture an audio mixing session from Cakewalk SONAR. It captured the screen fine, but no sound. (I can hear the sound fine while I'm recording.)

The audio preferences box doesn't show any devices under input device. The System Audio button is on, with the mix all the way up to System.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2021 17:09

PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on on your system. I just downloaded the Sonar app and SR4 recorded the system audio as expected. Check the attached recording of just the BandLab app.

Nothing is selected as a mic or input but I had the Mix setting at the default (center position):

Filename
20210201195758.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
SR4 recording with BandLab audio
 Filesize
3066 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
273 time(s)
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Yep. Yours plays. Mine doesn't. So you don't get anything to select under "Input Device: Select a Device to Record" either? Could it be a Sound Control Panel issue?
[Thumb - Sound Control Panel - Playback.PNG]
 Filename
Sound Control Panel - Playback.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - SR4 audio settings.PNG]
 Filename
SR4 audio settings.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - Volume Mixer.PNG]
 Filename
Volume Mixer.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Based on your selection of screenshots I imagine you've been down this road before

I'd try setting the SR4 Mix to the center to see if that makes any difference. Also, turn off the headphones and let the ssound come through the speakers. Maybe reboot and see if SR4 picks the right audio device then.
Todd604 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2021 19:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just tried using Screen Recorder 4 for the first time. I want to capture an audio mixing session from Cakewalk SONAR. It captured the screen fine, but no sound. (I can hear the sound fine while I'm recording.)

The audio preferences box doesn't show any devices under input device. The System Audio button is on, with the mix all the way up to System.

did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same issue with my laptop and the Cyberlink tech support is utterly useless since switching to their new reply format. No matter what I change or do, never any sound records. Have a built-in Nvidia video card and standard Realtek audio that comes with virtually all laptops it seems.
cocopots [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2022 04:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same issue with my laptop and the Cyberlink tech support is utterly useless since switching to their new reply format. No matter what I change or do, never any sound records. Have a built-in Nvidia video card and standard Realtek audio that comes with virtually all laptops it seems.

This fixed it for me

[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)
Todd604 [Avatar]
[Post New]

This fixed it for me

you didn't share a photo, you shared a thumbnail.
optodata
[Post New]
Images can't be pasted directly into the forum's text box, but cocopots also attached it so it can be downloaded and viewed.

To embed an image as I did in my earlier post, it has to be uploaded to an image sharing site like Imgur then a link to it can be posted to display it directly in the text section.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote you didn't share a photo, you shared a thumbnail.

There is a way to show the image in cocopots post “This fixed it for me.” In the top left of the rectangular box, Right mouse click on that icon on the top left, and click on Open image in a new tab in that popup window. An imgur page opens with a screenshot of the Screen recorder setting showing Audio setup: Microphone On, System audio: Off, Mix: ball is all the way to the left.

The screenshot shown above is good for recording microphone audio and none of the system audio in my view. Try it and report back.
Todd604 [Avatar]
[Post New]

There is a way to show the image in cocopots post “This fixed it for me.” In the top left of the rectangular box, Right mouse click on that icon on the top left, and click on Open image in a new tab in that popup window. An imgur page opens with a screenshot of the Screen recorder setting showing Audio setup: Microphone On, System audio: Off, Mix: ball is all the way to the left.

The screenshot shown above is good for recording microphone audio and none of the system audio in my view. Try it and report back.

i did both those things for viewing and it downloads as a thumbnail sized image not an actual image, so not sure what to tell you on that. As far as your suggestion for the audio, I've tried all settings like that and it's doesn't help. It works fine on my PC but not the laptop. The laptop is far more powerful, so I'd prefer to use that.
optodata
[Post New]
Here's the image that was attached, and it won't suit your needs at all since the system audio is disabled:

On your laptop, make sure you enable System audio and set the mix level all at least in the middle, like this:

If you're not recording with a mic, you can disable that and set the mix all the way to the right to ensure that all system sounds get through.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2022 20:49

Todd604 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Here's the image that was attached, and it won't suit your needs at all since the system audio is disabled:

On your laptop, make sure you enable System audio and set the mix level all at least in the middle, like this:

If you're not recording with a mic, you can disable that and set the mix all the way to the right to ensure that all system sounds get through.

what you've suggested is my current setup on the laptop but no audio records whatsoever, regardless of what's being recorded. I've even tried plugging in speakers to see if the output was the issue for whatever reason.
optodata
[Post New]
Sounds like you should contact CL tech support directly. Here's their contact page.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote what you've suggested is my current setup on the laptop but no audio records whatsoever, regardless of what's being recorded. I've even tried plugging in speakers to see if the output was the issue for whatever reason.

Todd604 - Every pc or laptop can be different. Use the Audio setup settings shown in optodata’s screenshot on the Laptop and then try this: Search and open the Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Manage Audio Devices> Recording> Stereo Mix Disabled. Right mouse click on the Stereo Mix and click Enable. Then click OK. You may be able to record system sounds now if your speaker volume setting is high enough to be heard.
Todd604 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like you should contact CL tech support directly. Here's their contact page.

i have multiple times and but it's like chasing my own tail with them asking the same questions over and over again. I'm not sure why their continuous thread support of a few years ago changed to what it is now, but it's why I've resorted to asking on here in hopes someone had a similar issue and fix.
Todd604 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Todd604 - Every pc or laptop can be different. Use the Audio setup settings shown in optodata’s screenshot on the Laptop and then try this: Search and open the Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Manage Audio Devices> Recording> Stereo Mix Disabled. Right mouse click on the Stereo Mix and click Enable. Then click OK. You may be able to record system sounds now if your speaker volume setting is high enough to be heard.

Definitley appreciate the suggestion, but still nothing.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had the same issue, but I found my issue. I have external monitors and ext speakers. My system volume was set low (8 of 100).

Cranked the system volume to 100 and turned my speakers way down, then voila! It worked.