Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't get thumbprint of produced mkv file to show 1st frame
RobertA101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gosford. NSW Central Coast Joined: Jan 01, 2013 20:16 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I have a jpg file to start the video which I want to be the thumbprint, for recognition purpose, but the thumbprint is locked on to a frame further on. Have tried splitting the video before the offending frame, and also grouping the jpg with the following clips, but can't get rid of the wrong picture.
Any suggestions appreciated
Regards, Robert RobertA101
Win10
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
mobo Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
RAM 16
Geoforce GTX 550 Ti
PowerDirector17 Ultra 17.0.3005.0

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a jpg file to start the video which I want to be the thumbprint, for recognition purpose, but the thumbprint is locked on to a frame further on. Have tried splitting the video before the offending frame, and also grouping the jpg with the following clips, but can't get rid of the wrong picture.
Any suggestions appreciated
Regards, Robert

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50544.page

Jeff
RobertA101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gosford. NSW Central Coast Joined: Jan 01, 2013 20:16 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks Jeff
Coudn't figure out how to use Icaros
I think my problem is a Windows thing.
My project is a series of Chapters (20) produced as mkv files ultimately to play on a Samsung smart tv.
On file explorer most of the Intro thumbnails show ok.
But on a few of them Windows selects an image further into the video which spoils their purpose.
How or why does windows select these arbitary images rather than the initial one?
Regards, Robert RobertA101
Win10
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
RAM 16
Geoforce GTX 550 Ti

RobertA101 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks Jeff
Coudn't figure out how to use Icaros
I think my problem is a Windows thing.
My project is a series of Chapters (20) produced as mkv files ultimately to play on a Samsung smart tv.
On file explorer most of the Intro thumbnails show ok.
But on a few of them Windows selects an image further into the video which spoils their purpose.
How or why does windows select these arbitary images rather than the initial one?
Regards, Robert

To clarify, this is part of a move to
using a portable HDD to view my old videos rather than DVDs of which
the odd ones are starting to fail. To be conveniently navigable I
have had to fiddle with filenames and thumbnails.

I got a solution to the errant
thumbnails by changing the starting jpg image to a custom title using
the jpg file.

Although I didn't have to try this solution,
anyone with thumbnails problems might look at this site.

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/set-thumbnail-image-for-a-video-on-windows-10/ RobertA101
Win10
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
RAM 16
Geoforce GTX 550 Ti