Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Set thumbnail for video?
IronRod [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2014 16:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am unable to set the thumbnail for a video MP4. I've tried the options I've found in the forum -- Setting the chapter 1 thumbnail, setting the disc root thumbnail -- but the video always appears with the same default thumbnail not the desired one.

How do I set it so the video (the MP4 file) provides the desired thumbnail?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If you are refering to the thumbnail presented in like YouTube or Windows Explorer, no, PD can not set that.

Jeff
IronRod [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2014 16:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you are refering to the thumbnail presented in like YouTube or Windows Explorer, no, PD can not set that.

Jeff

Thanks, I suspected that was the case. I assume it is the presenting software that selects which thumbnail in a video rather than any frame designator in the file.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
There are utilities to change, just not PD. If YouTube, look at the help, they show you how for that.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi IronRod -

Further to Jeff's suggestions:

If you mean changing the thumbnail for YouTube see the attached screenshot. You can do that at the time of upload or at any time in your channel Video Manager.

If you mean changing the thumbnail that's displayed in Windows, that can be done in iTunes - shown in this tutorial

If iTunes doesn't suit, you could look at Icaros or MetaX (I've never used the latter).

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - YouTube Custom Thumb.png]
 Filename
YouTube Custom Thumb.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!