Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 video stutters at transitions
Hammo60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2021 20:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

• Hi PowerDirector Community.

1st time poster.
I have recently subscribed and downloaded PowedDirector 365.
I am a complete novice and am busy learning all about video editing after purchasing a drone.
I have just finished my second effort at createing a movie from clips (underwater footage) I have from a trip I did in 2018.
The issue I have is my video stutters (hickups) at almost all of my inserted transitions.
I am placing the transition over the two clips and it drops in the last part of the preceding clip.
I have found this very disheartening as it makes the movie look very second rate when the transitions change from one scene to another and the movie stutters.
I am hoping it is just my lack of experience that may be off issue here.
When reviewing the PowerDirector Tutorial about inserting transitions it shows simply dragging the transition into the time line at the required location and they then play smoothly through. This is not the case I am finding.
I did a search on the internet and found this issue back in 2014 but nothing of recent times.
I am frustrated not having been able to resolve this issue and is why I have posted this on the forum.
I would appreciate any advice on this as my many hours to create (part of the learning process) a movie i can be proud of has left me somewhat dissapointed so far.

I appologise in advance if this issue has been addressed previously and I have not found it in this forum.

Thanks Russell.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Without knowing anything about how powerful your computer is and how well it's suited for video editing, what you're describing is completely normal when previewing your project's timeline.

Any stuttering/lagging/slowing down is due to your PC trying to apply all the edits you've made while trying to play the clips at full speed. Most CPUs aren't powerful enough to do that in real time which is why producing the clip can take a long time.

Once the video is produced, however, everything should look great and there won't be any visual distractions.

Please see this FAQ for tips on how to improve your editing experience.
Hammo60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2021 20:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Without knowing anything about how powerful your computer is and how well it's suited for video editing, what you're describing is completely normal when previewing your project's timeline.

Any stuttering/lagging/slowing down is due to your PC trying to apply all the edits you've made while trying to play the clips at full speed. Most CPUs aren't powerful enough to do that in real time which is why producing the clip can take a long time.

Once the video is produced, however, everything should look great and there won't be any visual distractions.

Please see this FAQ for tips on how to improve your editing experience.

Many Thanks Optodata for your reply.
I did some research prior to purchase and my computer is more the adequate for the task.
I have since shut down the program and when I reopened it the video is now playing without any issues at the transitions.
Not sure why this has occurred however I have produced a Movie and it plays fine.
Now very happy with my result. Obviously i need a lot more experience with this.
Appreciate your help.

Cheers Russell