Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Animation
VMK123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2020 22:30 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm working on a rotoscope animation to put in my video, then import it in PowerDirector 18, but I don't know what extension to save it under. This animation will have 19 frames. Do I save it in .gif, mpeg, mp4, or some other ones? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD can't work with GIFs on the timeline, so save it as a video. MP4, WMV or AVI are good formats to work with. Avoid MOV if possible as there can be issues with QuickTime clips.
VMK123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2020 22:30 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD can't work with GIFs on the timeline, so save it as a video. MP4, WMV or AVI are good formats to work with. Avoid MOV if possible as there can be issues with QuickTime clips.

Thank you very much for your help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD can't work with GIFs on the timeline

PD has worked with animated gifs since like PD12, some happy users here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46124.page#post_box_238680

Jeff