Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are GIF fully supported now?
pavlo0001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2015 23:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello! i bought powerdirector10 some years back to find out .gifs are not fully supported (unless you use a third party application to make another movie and then import the animation or import the single frames

So i was thinking about buying the latest version (14) but can't find if this is supported yet? (like can i drag and drop a gif into the timeline and its animation would work... i work with hundreds of .gifs so this is a deal maker or breaker)....

other software allow for this .gif animation & i will be very surprised if pd14 does not suppor them yet...

Thanks!!

** if you wonder why i didn't send a message to support, I tried!! but the first name and last name fields are missing from the form and the form can't be submitted because those fields are required... Do'h!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
pavlo0001,
welcome to the forum.
YES, gif is supported, I use them, too. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
TonyL [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nr. Coventry, UK Joined: Oct 10, 2015 04:07 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I've just tried dragging a couple of animated gifs to the timeline and played them. They animate.

See here for PD14's Supported Formats.

TonyL Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PD14
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, all!

This seems to be a very "animated" discussion! ha-ha. I was given some software some time ago which purported to animate GIF images. I installed it and tried it out but was very disappointed with the result. I uninstalled it and haven't bothered with it since then. It was simply called "GIF Animator"! But it didn't do what I wanted. Any animations I do now, I do them in either PD8 or PD14(both are "Ultra"). I get the results I want in those programmes.

Cheers!

Neil.
pavlo0001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2015 23:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you guys for all the responses! i am glad GiFs are supported now...!! that is awesome! will test new version and purchase it if all goes well cya around!