Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Images Have Red Tinge when opened in Photo Director 4
T-Rex1983 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2020 18:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am having an issue when ever i open a Nikon RAW image file with Photo Director 4. The initial thumbnail appears correctly then when the images are processed a redish tinge or hue is added to them. Here is an example, The first attached iamge is the image as read by microsoft phot & fax viewer in windows 7. The Sceond Attachment is the image opened with photo director 4. These images have been shot using the flat color control on my camera

Now i have tried shooting the image with three different color controls, Flat, Vivid & Standard. each produce the same result just the intensity of the red wash is worse. I should add that the hue or tinge is added after you have selected the file for import, then clicked ok. The immediate thumbnail that appears is fine but when it says "processing" all of a sudden the red wash is there and gets applied to all NEF images in the ribbon at the bottom.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you to to fix it?

Here are the camera details

Camera: Nikon D750
Lens: Nikkor 28-300mm zoom lens, CPL filter only, no other filters are attached
Color Control: Flat
RAW Format: 12Bit no compression
File Type: .NEF

Thank you in advancesmile
[Thumb - 2020-10-30 10_03_53-MainWindow.jpg]
 Filename
2020-10-30 10_03_53-MainWindow.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Image once opened with Photo Director 4
 Filesize
186 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - 2020-10-30 10_01_18-DSC_5393 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg]
 Filename
2020-10-30 10_01_18-DSC_5393 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Image opened with Windows Photo Viewer
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a known issue as shown in this thread from 2014. Unfortunately it looks like ony PhD 6 and onwards ever got patched. You can get the final patch for PhD 4 (build 5416) from this page and see if that helps at all.

If not, you can upload a sample clip to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a link to it here and one of us can test it in a newer version to confirm that it displays correctly. I have Phd 6, 7 and 12 (the current version) on my system.