Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Raw Images Display With Very Pink Cast
Grant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2014 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Just a nudge - this issue was reported June 3013 and it's Sept 2014, exactly how long does it take to rectify a fault that makes RAW images unusable in Photo Director?

I imported images from my new A6000 camera last night and watched the thumbnails change from normal to pink as they scrolled into view.

Has there been any progress on resolving this?
As I wrote above - no such issue with the trial version, so hopefully there is working code that just needs to be rolled out.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Have either of you checked on an update?
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/photodirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Grant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2014 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, been running the latest version for a while now. Nothing magically changed. In fact it's gotten worse.

As far as I can tell, they're 16 bit images, so the 14vs12 bit discussion may not apply.

A fix for the Mac version would be appreciated.

I guess I could attempt a complete uninstall/reinstall.
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2012 22:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased Nikon D750 camera and have the problem of my RAW (NEF) files being displayed with a very pink cast. I am using 14-bit with lossless compression. The JPEG pictures taken are normal without any problem. My software is Director Suite 3. I have tried the older version of Director Suite 2 with exactly the same results. I have applied all of the latest patches.

These same files work fine using three other non-Cyberlink products.

I cannot believe this has been a problem for more than one year!

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with all of the latest patches.
[Post New]
Gentlemen,

Welcome, Grant & Thomas, to the PhD forum

I can confirm the issue of pink cast display with RAW files from Sony A6000 and Nikon D750 (superb camera).

Oddly, the sample RAW image I imported from the D750 displayed with the wrong orientation, yet the JPG version was fine.

I'll pass these reports on to the CL R&D team for its attention!

PIX
[Thumb - Nikon D750 NEF.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon D750 NEF.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1903 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2014 04:17

PIX YouTube channel
OttoGa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2011 07:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm using PD6 and also get the pink cast issue when importing raw ".DNG" format images. This also occurred in PD5.

The DNG image is a frame extracted from a raw video clip.

If I export the image to a JPEG, the pink cast is in the exported photo as well.

These images open and display fine in products such as IrfanView and RawTherapee.

A sample image is attached below:

Filename
M27-1332_000000.dng
[Disk]
 Description
Original DNG file
 Filesize
2061 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
433 time(s)
[Thumb - M27-1332_000000.jpg]
 Filename
M27-1332_000000.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Exported JPG file
 Filesize
1130 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
357 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 29. 2014 07:40

[Post New]
Hello OttoGa,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum

I can confirm than DNG files from the Canon 7D do not display correctly in PhD 6. I'll add it to the incompatibility report to CL.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
OttoGa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2011 07:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks PIX.
BTL525 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 21:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased the Sony A6000 and came across this forum. I am still having the pink cast issue on raw files . I am running PD5 version 5.0.5424.0. Wondering if there might be a solution in the works soon??
[Post New]
Hello BTL525,

Welcome to the PhD forum

I've just re-tested some RAW files from the A6000 in both PhD5 & PhD6. The bad news is that .ARW files from the A6000 still display with a pink cast in PhD 5 (latest update patch).

PhD6 has corrected the problem. I'll seek advice from CL about the possibility of further updates for PhD5.

PIX

[Thumb - PhD 5-6 Sony A6000 .jpg]
 Filename
PhD 5-6 Sony A6000 .jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
334 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
821 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2015 22:15

PIX YouTube channel
BTL525 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the quick response. I really need access to raw and cant afford an upgrade to v6 right now, any help to get this fixed in PD5 would be greatly appreciated.
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2012 14:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Bonjour de Belgique.

Je rencontre les mêmes problèmes avec Sony A6000.
Une mise à jour est-elle envisagée pour PH 4. ?

[Post New]
Translation: "Hello from Belgium. I encounter the same problems with Sony A6000. Is an update planned for PH 4?"

Hello Paul,

I will report the issue to CyberLink but I wouldn't be too hopeful about compatability patches being developed for older versions of PhotoDirector. cry

My French is limited to "school boy" level, so I've resorted to Google Translate:

Bonjour Paul, Je vais signaler le problème à CyberLink mais je ne serais pas trop d'espoir sur les correctifs de compatibilité en cours d'élaboration pour les anciennes versions de PhotoDirector.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
BTL525 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So you're saying even PD5 won't get a patch for this??.. Its not like the a6000 is a brand new device
[Post New]
No I wasn't suggesting that. Please understand that a lowly forum moderator has no say in these matters. All I can do is report issues raised. The decision about what to do & when to do it is in CL's hands.

You're correct. The Sony A6000 was released in April 2014, only a few months after PhD5. It's certainly not a "brand new" device & deserves the attention of software developers.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
BTL525 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand what you're saying. I've invested in the Cyberlink product suite and now I'm handcuffed since I can process my raw images, and I tend to feel that I'm probably going to have to drip more money in order to solve the problem. Especially since CL has released a new version. I'm just kinda pissed at the whole situation. I appreciate your help and quick responses Pix.
Lloyd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2015 06:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I too have the pink cast issue as well as some other bugs. I will see how long it take to solve this pink hue issue. I too have invested in the product suite and now seriously considering cutting this loose and moving to Adobe.
[Post New]
Hello Lloyd,

Welcome to the PhD forum, even though your stay may only be brief laughing

Without any information about the particular camera/RAW format you're referring to, there's little that can be done. CyberLink R&D devote a deal of time to testing new camera's RAW file compatibility. Clearly some slip through the net.

Could you please provide information about your camera model. At least that gives us something to go on.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Lloyd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PIX, It is a Nikon d7200 and the files are .NEF
I can view the same files in other programs with out issue, only in PD they turn out pink/red.

I also have a secondary issue were adjustments to the image some times stop taking effect. The program doesnt crash, it just doesnt apply tweaks. As a work around i close the program down and open it up again and it works fine, some times only for a short period. When I was on PD5 i had zero issues. I figured upgrading to PD6 would be fine as I had a really good experience with PD5.

Thanks for your help.
[Post New]
Hello again Lloyd,

Thank you for posting the camera information.

I can confirm that NEF files from the Nikon D7200, whcih was only released in mid-March 2015, does indeed display with a pink cast in PhD 6.0.5903.0 (current build).

I'll pass this onto the R&D team for their attention.

Could I request that you post your other issue as a separate topic? It makes information easier to access for others reading these pages.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Lloyd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PIX, Any idea one how far away a patch to fix the compatability issue is.