Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scrolling Title feature stops video
Kim_OK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2020 10:55 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PowerDirector 12 that came on my computer. I am very happy with its capabilities for my project and am unable to update at this time.

My problem is this:
At the end of my production I've added a scrolling title in the timeline to scroll ending credits over a photo that is in the top line on timeline. There is also music on the timeline. The title feature works great in clip mode. When I change to movie mode it stops where the title begins, lags for about 5 seconds, and then the music begins but the video does not begin again.

I searched here for suggestions, checked that shadow files are enabled...they are (I don't know what they are!)
and also tried viewing in lowest resolution and that didn't help.

Thank you for your help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Shadow files are low resolution copies of your clips that make it easier for PD to work with them. These days they're usually only needed if you're working with 4K clips and your computer isn't powerful enough to play them back smoothly.

Titles aren't affected whether you're using shadow files or not, and I'm not sure why Clip vs. Movie mode is giving you two different behaviors. This problem is only going to happen when you're previewing and it won't show up in the finished (produced) video.

If you need to see a smooth preview of the entire timeline and need the sound and high quality, you can use the Range Select tool to highlight the difficult clip. Use Produce Range, then you can replace the original clip and it's title on the timeline with the new version. See this 2016 post by tomasc if you're not familiar with Select Range.
Kim_OK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2020 10:55 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Shadow files are low resolution copies of your clips that make it easier for PD to work with them. These days they're usually only needed if you're working with 4K clips and your computer isn't powerful enough to play them back smoothly.

Titles aren't affected whether you're using shadow files or not, and I'm not sure why Clip vs. Movie mode is giving you two different behaviors. This problem is only going to happen when you're previewing and it won't show up in the finished (produced) video.

If you need to see a smooth preview of the entire timeline and need the sound and high quality, you can use the Range Select tool to highlight the difficult clip. Use Produce Range, then you can replace the original clip and it's title on the timeline with the new version. See this 2016 post by tomasc if you're not familiar with Select Range.

Thanks so much for the explanation on shadow files and Range Select tool....Since my scrolling text was lengthy I split into several title windows and it now works.