Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue with Producing -- Please Help
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 12, 2012 10:59 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Hello-

I've spent the last few weeks working on a Home Movie, when I went to produce it, before buring this project to a disc, I am receive the following message:

"Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up to date, and update to the latest version of Windows Meida Player. You can also try to output the production in a different video format."

I've never had this message before, and I can only assume they mention WMP, becuase I extraceted some audio from You Tube, and it saved as an AAV file via WMP. However, I think it's up to date. Including my graphics card.

Then I thought, I'll just burn the project without Producing it, then I got this message....(also attached pic)

Burning Unsuccessful

Error Code: eC00C0008

Possible Causes:
Transcoding engine's front end stream error

1. File Broken
2. File Missing
3. Out of Memory

I have 140GB free space on my computer, and I don't have any missing or non working files,

Any help here is greatly appreciated!
[Thumb - Produce.png]
 Filename
Produce.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
184 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - Create Disc Error.jpg]
 Filename
Create Disc Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2020 14:05

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I assume there's something wrong with your custom produce profile. Use the default MPEG-2 1920 x 1080/24p (25 Mbps) profile and see if that works.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I assume there's something wrong with your custom produce profile. Use the default MPEG-2 1920 x 1080/24p (25 Mbps) profile and see if that works.

I actually just tried that, same error issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you comfortable sharing your project? If so, please use Pack Project Materials under PD's File menu and save everything to a cloud folder on Google Drive or OneDrive. Please see the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if you need more info.

Even if you'd prefer not to share your project, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you comfortable sharing your project? If so, please use Pack Project Materials under PD's File menu and save everything to a cloud folder on Google Drive or OneDrive. Please see the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if you need more info.

Even if you'd prefer not to share your project, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

I just added my DxDiag that I ran a short while ago. I've not done the Pack Project Materials, but will give it a shot!
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I just added my DxDiag that I ran a short while ago. I've not done the Pack Project Materials, but will give it a shot!

This should work:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am_F3xVT3ouogY8WSJSa9zAP2Vtr_Q?e=PXX3Kk
optodata
[Post New]
I'm downloading your packed project now, so thanks for doing that!

I'm unable to download the DxDiag from the forum, so if you just drop a copy in the shared OneDrive folder I can access it that way.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm downloading your packed project now, so thanks for doing that!

I'm unable to download the DxDiag from the forum, so if you just drop a copy in the shared OneDrive folder I can access it that way.

Ok -- I opened up the PD Folder and added that Dx in there -- let me know if you don't see it. I greatly appreciate the help, I'm pretty good w/ PD, it's just the troubleshooting that you need sometimes I'm not the best at.
optodata
[Post New]
I got the results.

It looks like most things are up to date, you even have the most recent BIOS! The Intel driver for your CPU's embedded graphics chip is a little out of date, and if your produce page shows an option to produce with Quick Sync it may be worth updating. I think this is the right Dell support page for your system.

Your DxDiag file shows several crashes of McAfee Security, and I wonder what would happen if you rebooted, disabled McAfee (disconnect from the internet if you want to be safe) and tried producing the project.

UPDATE: I've downloaded many parts of your packed project but it looks like things are still uploading from your end. I'll post back once I have everything downloaded and can test it out.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 08. 2020 22:27

optodata
[Post New]
Here's an update. With your full project downloaded and using the the default MPEG-2 profile I mentioned above, I also get the error message when producing the project (rather than burning a disc).

I didn't see when the error happened, but it was past the 16% point shown in your screenshot. I'll try producing again and will see if I can isolate where the producing is at when the error occurs, as that should point to a timeline position where the problematic clip is located.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here's an update. With your full project downloaded and using the the default MPEG-2 profile I mentioned above, I also get the error message when producing the project (rather than burning a disc).

I didn't see when the error happened, but it was past the 16% point shown in your screenshot. I'll try producing again and will see if I can isolate where the producing is at when the error occurs, as that should point to a timeline position where the problematic clip is located.

Producing won't isolate the same effect as 16% from his "Create Disc" attempt is still in the menu system, has not started timeline content yet.

Jerosmith1980, with that error in the menu system, I'd make sure no options are selected in pref > Hardware Acceleration and make sure that "Enable Intel...." at the bottom of your Create Disc Error.jpg error message on the screen behind the error is not checked.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Producing won't isolate the same effect as 16% from his "Create Disc" attempt is still in the menu system, has not started timeline content yet.

And yet it did find the problem.

I used the screen recorder which showed the that media error happened when PD was producing with the timeline at 1:05:19. There are 3 clips at that point on the timeline, a motion graphic title (Broad Run Park), an audio clip from Seinfeld and the Fitness PiP 20.

When trying to preview that section (Chapter 26 - Park) PD consistently gives the media source error unless the video track is disabled or the Broad Run Park motion title is removed. Jerosmith, do you remember which title pack this came from?

I tried a random Action Title and it produced without any problems. I'm actually uploading the 15GB produced video to OneDrive right now so you can dowload and burn it if needed, but try using another title or delete the current one and try again with the same one to see if the problem goes away.

UPDATE: Thanks to a 1Gbps symmetrical fiber connection, the produced file is ready to be downloaded.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 06. 2020 23:24

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is probably more than one problem here. Looks like that optodata found some issues with the produced mpg file.

Jeff points out that the Create Disc Authoring failed at the 16% point before it ever gets to the burning step. This problem with the Disc authoring was answered exactly 4 years ago today. History has repeated itself. The OP fixed it at that time by using a different menu. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49771.page .
optodata
[Post New]
Quote There is probably more than one problem here. Looks like that optodata found some issues with the produced mpg file.

That could be. I didn't check anything regarding a menu and focused instead on OP's second issue which was the error when producing before burning a disc.

I tracked down the damaged title and it's Fitness Title 04 from the Fitness Pack. I also stripped everything out of the original project except for the 4 clips in the problem area and have confirmed that the media error still occurs.

I didn't have the Fitness Pack installed originally, but I have installed it now and created a new version of the problem title and placed it at the end of the short timeline. If the damaged original title is removed and the new version used instead, the media error goes away.

Here's a link to the much smaller packed project folder.
Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Success!

I can't thank you both enough, truly a major help!! I exchanged out the Fitness Pack 4 w/ the timer from that pack -- it was able to be produced and (as you can see by the pic I attached) and burned just fine!

Again, THANK YOU!
[Thumb - IMG_3403.jpg]
 Filename
IMG_3403.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Success
 Filesize
2405 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2020 17:11

Jerosmith1980 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Success!
[Thumb - IMG_3403.jpg]
 Filename
IMG_3403.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Success
 Filesize
2405 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
I'm really glad you were able to get your project finished! You've clearly spent a lot of time pulling all those clips together and making a fun recap of the last 9 months, and I hope your family appreciates all the love and effort you put into making it.

I used the short version of the packed project to report the issue to CL in hopes that they'll be able to see what went wrong with that title. Hopefully that will help keep other people from having to deal with this kind of trouble once the patch comes out.
optodata
[Post New]
Good news! CL jtech support ust confirmed that they were able to reproduce the issue in their lab and have forwarded it on to engineering.

I know we had a workaround for this case, and hopefully they'll see what went wrong here and can either stop it from happening again or change the code so that it won't throw the error message.