Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Spinning Wheel of Death
[Post New]
I have PhotoDirector (PD) 365. I was working on about 10 pictures that I had imported into the PD program. After I finished my work and exported the pics, I closed everything.

Next day, I turn on my computer and manually deleted all the original and edited pictures folder from my desktop.

Now I open PD 365 and it says "Picture can't be found". No problem. I clicked on "Remove All" from Library option.
Damn thing was spinning for 5 minutes on the very last step (I think it was called Cleaning up PhotoDirector Library or something.)
Anyway, I opened Task Manager and nuked the program.

Now each time I open PD, the logo in the middle screen doesn't go away and there is a message behind it that I was able to capture by recording my screen since it was there for only a second.

The message says:
Cyberlink Photodirector is checking the project...please wait.
C:\Users\Jim\Pictures\PhotoDirector\12.0\Jim\Jim.phd

What the hell is it doing and why is it taking this long?

Are we NEVER supposed to delete the pictures manually from outside PhotoDirector??? I'll try to restart the computer now to see if that fixes it, but it is frustrating that the program cannot handle deletion of photos well.
[Thumb - 2020-09-29_15-02-08.jpg]
 Filename
2020-09-29_15-02-08.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Spinning 2
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - 2020-09-29_15-00-49.jpg]
 Filename
2020-09-29_15-00-49.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Spinning
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello JimNJ,

I can't explain what's gone wrong with PhD, but the first thing I'd suggest is to go to C:\Users\Jim\Pictures\PhotoDirector\12.0 and delete the folder "Jim" & all its contents, including the Jim.phd (project file).

Sometimes, PhD will develop a corruption in the project file & deleting it will stop PhD from attempting to open it. When PhD opens, you'll be able to have a clean start laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
hey PIX,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately rebooting did not help, so I followed your suggestion. I deleted the folder "Jim" and everything underneath it.

When I started PhD again, I got another pop-up first. See attached. I clicked Yes and again things got screwed up (program would not open.)

So, delete "Jim" again and try again.

This time, I clicked No.

Then I got the 2nd pop-up, which is your screen print below. I chose "Create New". Lo and behold, I'm able to get back into PhD.

But ALL my imported pics and edits are now gone. Will have to start everything over again. For me, it's no big deal because I wasn't too far ahead on many changes.

Thanks again for the help.
[Thumb - 2020-09-29_18-29-58.jpg]
 Filename
2020-09-29_18-29-58.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Popup.
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you use OneDrive, there's an easier way to get back your existing projects. See this current discussion.
[Post New]
Thank you for the link.