Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to preview the Shutterstock Videos from WITHIN PowerDirector without Downloading??
[Post New]
I don't want to click on a link in my browser and then go to my Downloads folder to view them. Not to mention I have 25 tabs now open in Firefox for each time I click on a video to see it.

I also don't want to randomly give credit and download the clips so I can decide to keep them or not.

Why can't the videos play when I click on the little play button in the middle of the video thumbnail??!

Am I missing something here or there is no way to preview in PowerDirector before downloading???
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The videos can't play in the PD browser because they're not on your computer yet. The browser link lets you see the streaming version on the Shutterstock website so you can decide whether or not you'd like to download the full version, and yes I think you'll have to remember to close each tab when you're finished.

I'm not sure what you mean by "randomly give credit" but there isn't any way to change how to preview these items.

If you're unhappy with any of this, you can let CL know directly by using Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.
[Post New]
Thanks opto for the reply and for confirming what I was thinking. There has to be a better way to quickly preview without all the hassle of going to an external source and hijacking the browser with all the tabs. Maybe that would be changed in the future? Anything is possible technically.

By giving credit, I mean Shutterstock probably gets paid for each video a user clicks on Download to actually download the file to their machine (skipping the preview stage with the multiple tabs on the browser.) But then again, nobody knows the monetary arrangement behind the scenes. That's why I didn't want to download videos and delete them on the spot if I don't like them.

Well, thanks for getting back to me, I'll have to deal with it until a more streamlined solution is implemented next year.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Just to be clear you don't download anything from any Shutterstock pages. That's where you can view the streaming preview, but if you try to download the preview from that page it will have the Shutterstock watermark on it.

You actually use the PD tool to download the full video, and it's then stored on your computer and is visible in the media library for your current project. Please see this discussion for managing/accessing the downloaded content in other projects.
[Post New]
Thanks data. Yes, we are aligned on the downloading versus previewing actions. Per your recommendation, I have submitted a Suggestion (from the File menu) requesting an easier and more efficient way to preview the videos before downloading them đź‘Ť