Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sept 2020 update for PDR365 (aka PDR19) is here!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just got the notification when I launched the App Manager. The webpage from the Learn More... link didn't have the new features listed when I posted this, but the info window shows this:

Is this PD19? Maybe, and I expect the PD Moderator will make an official announcement one way or the other. In the meantime I'll be updating and trying out the new features

PhD, AD and CD all have new updates as well!

EDIT: It is indeed PD19!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16. 2020 23:29

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Optodata,

We are working on getting the PDR 19 forum up right away.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
After spending some time with the new version I have a couple of pro tips and a possible previewing issue.

If you use Win10's Graphics Settings to choose between different on-board GPUs like in this post, you'll need to remove the two existing settings and create two new ones because there will no longer be a C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18 folder. Instead browse to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector19.

Also, if you've changed the settings in the App Manager to install content packs and/or editing apps to another drive as shown here, you may want to review the current setting before installing these new versions. To use the default folder, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink (all 64-bit apps will automatically end up in the C:\Program Files\CyberLink folder)

PD19 now comes with ScreenRecorder4, which is a big step up in functionality. I used it to document a previewing issue I'm having on my Surface Book 3, and it occurs no matter which GPU I've selected for PD19 to use. As you can see, there are many FX that have nothing in the preview window:

The good news is that everything works fine on my i9-9900K desktop, and the new moving image of the hot air balloon is a huge improvement in terms of showing off exactly what the FX will do.

There is mention of "improvements" with Intel i10 CPUs in this intro video, and my SB3 has an i10-650G7 so that may be why I see the issue here but on not on my desktop. I've attached the DxDiag in preparation to report the issue to tech support.
 Filename
Surface Book 3 DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
686 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 02:11

pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm... there was a patch (fix) to PD 18 365 on June 29. I expected similar for Perpetual. But I don't get a notice when I run the program. Does this mean that PD 18 isn't going to get it?

Update: Apparently not. I just saw the "What's New" in PD 19. There it says:

Also new to users updating from PowerDirector 18 to 19 (already available in PowerDirector 365).
- Utilize the Title Reveal Mask feature for more creative title text animation.
- Import 8K Videos with the support of an AMD VCN2.0 GPU.
- Encode AAC 5.1ch audio with MKV and MP4 files.
- Modify the graphics colors of motion graphics titles.
- Attach shapes created in the Shape Designer in Motion Tracker.
- Export SRT subtitle files with or without SubRip style formatting.
- Adds priority customer support feature within program

And @optodata, did they fix the Monitor enumeration problem, where users with Intel iGPU's can now use their nVidia's for HA?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 14:31

optodata
[Post New]
Quote And @optodata, did they fix the Monitor enumeration problem, where users with Intel iGPU's can now use their nVidia's for HA?

My monitor situation changed after I reported that issue and I've been using the Graphics Settings approach I linked to in my second post since then.

I no longer have 2 HDMI-connected HD monitors; instead I have a 5K on a DisplayPort from my RTX2070 and a 4K from the nVidia card via USB-C that I can switch to the Intel iGPU through DisplayPort.

I can remove the Graphics Settings options and try booting with different monitors in place to see how PD19 responds, but unless I roll back to a system image with PD18 and do the same tests where I can confirm it has the problem with this new setup and PD19 works as expected, I'm not sure I'll be able to answer definitively.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 15:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Tnx. Please don't bother. Someone else will be able to inform us if it's been fixed.
optodata
[Post New]
Well, it's too late for that, but while I was doing the testing my rig suffered a severe hardware failure.

I can't believe it was anything I was doing regarding the testing, but suddenly one monitor wasn't active and the system seemed to be barely crawling along and then it never recovered from a reboot.

Hardware failure LEDs were on for the CPU and DRAM, and though it might have just been a PS failure, I spent a day and $1400 buying a new case, PS and a Ryzen 9 3950X CPU with an X570 Gigabyte motherboard and reusing my DRAM, RTX 2070 and all SSDs.

I'd wanted to get an i9-10980XE 18 core chip so I could have QuickSync as a backup, but my local store didn't have a compatible motherboard in stock so I took a chance on the 16 core (32 thread) Ryzen chip with no embedded GPU.

So far so good, and it's Passmark score is twice my 9900K's, but I'll never be able to test that issue now

YouTube/optodata