CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving content packs to second hard drive
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
I downloaded some packs from Cyberlink application manager but I want to move them to my other drive to save space on my main drive. How do I do that?
davidh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 06, 2018 18:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I downloaded some packs from Cyberlink application manager but I want to move them to my other drive to save space on my main drive. How do I do that?

You might be able to set junction points to another drive, but you will have to find out where all your content is stored first and copy these over to the other drive.

google about junction points and experiment with some simple examples first before you try.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 4209 Online
[Post New]
I've used junctions for years, and they're great if you don't want to uninstall/reinstall any of the already installed packs. There's also an easy way when using the App Manager, but you would need to uninstall the existing packs first.

To do this, uninstall the packs you want to move using Windows' normal uninstaller. Then, open App Manager and click on the Settings (gear) icon, set the installation path to your desired location, and reinstall the packs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2019 14:04

youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I've used junctions for years, and they're great if you don't want to uninstall/reinstall any of the already installed packs. There's also an easy way when using the App Manager, but you would need to uninstall the existing packs first.

To do this, uninstall the packs you want to move using Windows' normal uninstaller. Then, open App Manager and click on the Settings (gear) icon, set the installation path to your desired location, and reinstall the packs.

Thank you
Reply to this topic