Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Desqueeze Anamorphic Video
Websiteauthor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2020 17:56 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to desqueeze anamorphic video in PowerDirector?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are plenty of discussions already here on that topic like this one. Use the Search box at the top of the page if you want to see more results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2020 16:22

Websiteauthor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There are plenty of discussions already here on that topic like this one. Use the Search box at the top of the page if you want to see more results.

I appreciate your response . . . I had searched and found several posts, including the one you cited. Frankly, they made my head explode a little LOL.

I was hoping that since those posts were published, Cyberlink might have developed something within PD18 that automated the process more, as Adobe Premier does. I don't like using Premier but may need to use it for this particular function.

Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's no automated process in PD, and you're right - some of the approaches are highly technical although there are other approaches that are simpler. I don't know anything about the clips you're working with, but if you simply need to produce to a nonstandard pixel size this post may help.

If not, we could assist you better if we had the full specs of one of your source clips. MediaInfo is a free utility that can display the needed details.

You could also upload a clip to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the link to it here. See the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if you're unsure how to share a large file.
Websiteauthor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's no automated process in PD, and you're right - some of the approaches are highly technical although there are other approaches that are simpler. I don't know anything about the clips you're working with, but if you simply need to produce to a nonstandard pixel size this post may help.

If not, we could assist you better if we had the full specs of one of your source clips. MediaInfo is a free utility that can display the needed details.

You could also upload a clip to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the link to it here. See the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if you're unsure how to share a large file.

That sounds great. I'm actually inquiring in advance of shooting the clips. I'm going to be reviewing the anamorphic lens for the Mavic Air 2 drone and Osmo Pocket in a couple weeks, and I was trying to educate myself before hand on how best to process it.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It should be fun to add that anamorphic lens. Optodata’s link points to an easy and fast way to do it that is lossless and fast >10 to 1 ratio. Since then I have found HandBrake to be a more versatile converter in that you can specify the video output size, cropping, aspect ratio, and bitrate. Both Nvidia and Quick Sync encoding can be used to accelerate the conversion and allow the cpu to run cool. Most of the settings can be saved in a created new preset.

Both anamorphic video with a display aspect ratio set with a flag or a true square pixel 21:9 video can be created. That is the versatility in HandBrake as a converter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2020 22:37

Websiteauthor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It should be fun to add that anamorphic lens. Optodata’s link points to an easy and fast way to do it that is lossless and fast >10 to 1 ratio. Since then I have found HandBrake to be a more versatile converter in that you can specify the video output size, cropping, aspect ratio, and bitrate. Both Nvidia and Quick Sync encoding can be used to accelerate the conversion and allow the cpu to run cool. Most of the settings can be saved in a created new preset.

Both anamorphic video with a display aspect ratio set with a flag or a true square pixel 21:9 video can be created. That is the versatility in HandBrake as a converter.

I'm looking forward to testing the lens out over the desert later this month - should be pretty cool video.

It's been a long time since I tinkered with Handbrake. I used it to compress files when I was uploading to Vimeo, and was limited on upload volume each week. I'll have to reinstall that and get familiar with it.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I tinkered with Handbrake. ...

here's my tutorials on desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic using PowerDirector v10 or later with Handbrake.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

here's my tutorials on desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic using PowerDirector v10 or later with Handbrake.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Handbrake to the rescue! Such a versatile tool. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.