Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suddenly can't add transitions
GranJan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2019 05:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDirector for some years. I've been adding transitions for years. As from yesterday afternnon I can't do this any more. The second I click on a transitions the red "No-go" circle appears. It's there before I've dragged it anywhere. It happens in new projects and in old projects where there are already transitions. I've cleared out my temporary files using preferences but that didn't help. The error is obviously not with the project but with PowerDirector itself. Would be so grateful for some help before trying a reinstall.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Would be so grateful for some help before trying a reinstall.

I can't imagine that anything short of a full reinstall would have any effect unless you have a system backup made before the problem started happening.

Uninstalling PD won't delete any of your custom or downloaded items, just make sure you have the installer ready to go. If you don't have that, you'll need to contact Cyberlink customer service to have them send you a new one. See FAQ #1 here.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The red No go circle can appear if you drag the transition to the center or the audio portion of the clip. When that happens move the mouse upward ¼ inch or more to the video portion of the clips until the No go circle disappears. You can then release the mouse button to place the transition.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
OP stated that the no-go circle appears as soon as the transition is clicked on in the Transition room. I have no idea what's going on but something appears to have gone wrong with PD's installation.
GranJan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Answering my own query!
No idea what has happened but yesterday evening, after emptying temporary files and rebooting a couple of times, it started working again.
I still get the No-go sign when I click on it but it disappears now when hovering at the beginning or end of a clip and inserts the transition. It is quite a long clip with lots of editing and additions. Maybe my computer had difficulty dealing with it. It's not a top-end machine although plenty of space on the hard disk.
Thanks to everyone for their input.
All I need to do now is find out how to close the topic! ;

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2020 05:07

optodata
[Post New]
There's no "close" option and discussions will stay on the forum as-is for years.

If you feel that one or more people answered your question, as the OP you can click the appropriate option below the appropriate post(s):
GranJan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help.