Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 18 - install on more than one computer?
Abvan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2020 00:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can I install PD 18 on my three computers?
One is a desk computer at home, second my work laptop, third is my private laptop.
All are for my use only and won't be used at the same time.
I want to buy this software but beforehand make sure that I'll be able to work
on PD projects at home but also on my laptops during my frequent business trips.

Adam B.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2020 02:32

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
You can install a single license of PowerDirector on two computers.
frsv01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2018 06:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
How do I move from one computer to another?
Retyring one to my dother and wnat to move to my new one.

Regards

/Fredrik S
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It depends on which license you have. StevenG's response is correct if you have the subscription version (PD365), but if you have the perpetual license for PD18, you're only allowed to install on a single computer.

You will need to uninstall PD18 from the first computer before installing it on another one. If you have the subscription version and try to install it on more than 3 PCs, you will get an activation warning and will have to uninstall at least one of them.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
frsv01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2018 06:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It depends on which license you have. StevenG's response is correct if you have the subscription version (PD365), but if you have the perpetual license for PD18, you're only allowed to install on a single computer.

You will need to uninstall PD18 from the first computer before installing it on another one. If you have the subscription version and try to install it on more than 3 PCs, you will get an activation warning and will have to uninstall at least one of them.

I have PD16 😒
Any chance to move that one?

/Fredrik
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Of course, although it would have been better for you to have started a new discussion rather than posting in the PD18/365 forum.

You will just need to have the installer for the new computer. If you don't have it, you'll need to contact Cyberlink customer support as shown in the FAQs.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°