CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insert a pause or quiet in an audio clip
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Hello,

I trimmed an audio clip and want it to repeat a few times. However if put place them back to back - it misses a beat. I want to add a blank sound (or rest) for a beat. How do I add this on to my clip? Just add no sound for a beat, the product it so when I loop it I get three beats and a rest.

Am I making sense?

Thanks,

Veepo
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4496 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I trimmed an audio clip and want it to repeat a few times. However if put place them back to back - it misses a beat. I want to add a blank sound (or rest) for a beat. How do I add this on to my clip? Just add no sound for a beat, the product it so when I loop it I get three beats and a rest.

At the scrubber position, just use "Adjust Audio" > "Insert Silence" and specify duration of silence to add. If you want to take a part of the existing clip and silence, use the orange markers on the side of the scrubber to adjust range, and then right mouse click and "Silence Selected".

Jeff
[Post New]

At the scrubber position, just use "Adjust Audio" > "Insert Silence" and specify duration of silence to add. If you want to take a part of the existing clip and silence, use the orange markers on the side of the scrubber to adjust range, and then right mouse click and "Silence Selected".

Jeff

Thank you so much.....I really need to brush up on my reading skillz!!! It is in the list!!!

Bonus Question time is measure in seconds - any way to convert that to beats when inserting the silence
Reply to this topic