Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insert a pause or quiet in an audio clip
[Post New]
Hello,

I trimmed an audio clip and want it to repeat a few times. However if put place them back to back - it misses a beat. I want to add a blank sound (or rest) for a beat. How do I add this on to my clip? Just add no sound for a beat, the product it so when I loop it I get three beats and a rest.

Am I making sense?

Thanks,

Veepo
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I trimmed an audio clip and want it to repeat a few times. However if put place them back to back - it misses a beat. I want to add a blank sound (or rest) for a beat. How do I add this on to my clip? Just add no sound for a beat, the product it so when I loop it I get three beats and a rest.

At the scrubber position, just use "Adjust Audio" > "Insert Silence" and specify duration of silence to add. If you want to take a part of the existing clip and silence, use the orange markers on the side of the scrubber to adjust range, and then right mouse click and "Silence Selected".

Jeff
[Post New]

At the scrubber position, just use "Adjust Audio" > "Insert Silence" and specify duration of silence to add. If you want to take a part of the existing clip and silence, use the orange markers on the side of the scrubber to adjust range, and then right mouse click and "Silence Selected".

Jeff

Thank you so much.....I really need to brush up on my reading skillz!!! It is in the list!!!

Bonus Question time is measure in seconds - any way to convert that to beats when inserting the silence
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Jeff

I am beginner at editing. 1) A feature I need is to eliminate short sounds (usually 3 seconds or less) from the video. Terms like "scrubber", "adjust audio", "insert silence". Are these part of feature called Denoise? Or separate? 2) When audio track is edited, PD 365 still keeps the audio in sync with the video frames?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am beginner at editing. 1) A feature I need is to eliminate short sounds (usually 3 seconds or less) from the video. Terms like "scrubber", "adjust audio", "insert silence". Are these part of feature called Denoise? Or separate? 2) When audio track is edited, PD 365 still keeps the audio in sync with the video frames?

Your better option for that is probably just reduce the volume for these short sounds right in PD. You can add a volume control point right at the start of the sound, set this to very low volume, back up one frame and add another volume control point and change this one to normal volume. Do the opposite coming out of the short sound.

Jeff
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Your better option for that is probably just reduce the volume for these short sounds right in PD. You can add a volume control point right at the start of the sound, set this to very low volume, back up one frame and add another volume control point and change this one to normal volume. Do the opposite coming out of the short sound.

Jeff

Appreciate your answer Jeff. The volume levels on the original video files are rather low. The edited videos will be output from my pc onto cards which will be given to others to keep. If they watch these videos on their devices won't they be able to up the volume to whatever they want? So my thinking is to remove, by whatever means are the simplest, the sounds that shouldn't be there. Per your answer, could I use PD to just set the sound to zero instead of very low?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Appreciate your answer Jeff. The volume levels on the original video files are rather low. The edited videos will be output from my pc onto cards which will be given to others to keep. If they watch these videos on their devices won't they be able to up the volume to whatever they want? So my thinking is to remove, by whatever means are the simplest, the sounds that shouldn't be there. Per your answer, could I use PD to just set the sound to zero instead of very low?

Yes, by very low volume I meant to reduce the volume in the Audio Mixing Room to the very low side which is -infinity, so no, they will hear nothing, even if they adjust the volume knob during playback. You could also increase the gain of the whole audio track if it's too low, that's the horizontal slider in the same Audio Mixing Room in PD.

Another option is to simply split pre and post your sound blip and then mute that section. Basically, the same thing, PD will produce the audio track but there will be no sound in that section.

Jeff
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, by very low volume I meant to reduce the volume in the Audio Mixing Room to the very low side which is -infinity, so no, they will hear nothing, even if they adjust the volume knob during playback. You could also increase the gain of the whole audio track if it's too low, that's the horizontal slider in the same Audio Mixing Room in PD.

Another option is to simply split pre and post your sound blip and then mute that section. Basically, the same thing, PD will produce the audio track but there will be no sound in that section.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff! For two good learning pieces for me. 1) The volume of unwanted sounds can be reduced to zero and 2) I can also increase the volume on the whole audio track. Hadn't even thought of that. Thanks again!
Gene