Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 14 download
Videoperson55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2018 10:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I paid about $90 for Power director 14. I logged into my account and only the trail version is shown in my products. I have bought a key and found the key but is PD14 even available for download?

Have I wasted my money with your company?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2020 05:03

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
First off, we are NOT Cyberlink we are users and volunteers.
Second, PD14 is quite old now, PD18 is the latest.
Where did you buy it? I think you got taken, bamboozled.
You cannot use a key on a TRIAL version, it must be uninstalled and the true program installed.

Again, where did you buy it, and if you click on the Cyberlink Logo in the edit interface it will inform you of exactly what version you have, we need that also.

After all is said and done, if you have a valid key, and proof of purchase, Cyberlink usually provides you with a new download link, which expires after a certain period, so SAVE the program file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19. 2020 09:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BMAediting [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2020 18:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote First off, we are NOT Cyberlink we are users and volunteers.
Second, PD14 is quite old now, PD18 is the latest.
Where did you buy it? I think you got taken, bamboozled.
You cannot use a key on a TRIAL version, it must be uninstalled and the true program installed.

Again, where did you buy it, and if you click on the Cyberlink Logo in the edit interface it will inform you of exactly what version you have, we need that also.

After all is said and done, if you have a valid key, and proof of purchase, Cyberlink usually provides you with a new download link, which expires after a certain period, so SAVE the program file.

Hello,

I also purchased back in 2017 a PD16 Ultimate license from the official website. The link provided back in the day does not work, and there's no download link in the website anymore. In fact, only the PD 365 trial version is displayed in the active product list (although PD16 is shown too if you activate an obscure option, but without any active download link).

In basically any possible option to try to retrieve the PD16 install a "PAY THE PD 360 SUBSCRIPTION" pop up is displayed when you click on the download link -without any active download starting-.

I contacted customer service, and I hope they'll send a link to download it. I think it's quite a bad practise to make it so hard to download a version of a product you purchased a couple years ago. I use plently of software options and I've never found anything remotely similar.

I pondered upgrading to the last version or even paying the subscription, but I don't feel I can trust a company that pulls this kind of practises.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2020 19:25

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As stated on the FAQs page, contacting customer service is the best thing to do in your situation. When they send you the installer, be sure to keep it somewhere that you can find it in case you ever have to install PD14 again.