Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clone Stamp Tool?
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Is there an equivalent to the clone stamp tool on Photoshop? I need to fill in a small area from an adjacent area.
Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yep. This is one of them that can be used: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/photodirector-photo-editing-software/966/how-to-use-content-aware-clone%7C-photodirector-editing-tutorial.
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
This appears to be for cutting out an object and pasting it somewhere else. I want to brush an area that is blemished or missing content from an area that has content. With CL clone tool, it is a straight cut and paste?

thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The more details you can provide in your request, the better the forum responses will be. tomasc perfectly answered your OP, but now it sounds like what you're actually looking for is Smart Patch.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks
In this case I have an image of a candy box with a small cut out on the bottom that I would like to fill with a section from the surrounding area. With PS this is using the clone tool to select an adjacent area and then brushing this on to the area of fill. The defect is shown in the attached. thank you all for your help.
[Thumb - box defect.JPG]
 Filename
box defect.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See your earlier post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81514.page . You may have used the content aware background remover and need to clean it up.

I find that the Layers/ Smart magic wand on the background may do a much better job. You can also make straight cuts with the lasso., add or subtract as needed just as well as with any other image program with all the tools. You can always apply and undo to get it exactly right before exporting the candy box without a background.
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks
I'm finally getting it with the cut and paste.
I also didn't realize there is a clone and healing tool in the adjustment section.
I really appreciate your help.