Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink 17 and memory requirements
danmcb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 24, 2019 11:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
hello,

I'm using CL17 on a win7 64bit box, quad i5 with 8GB RAM. The videos I am editing are typically about 3:30 long and I have to cut up and select between 4 video tracks, all synced to an imported audio track. The input videos are at 2700, and file size is about 430MB for 3:30

Initially the files were larger (up to several GB) but I found things were becoming unworkable, so I came up with trick of first syncing the input tracks to the audio (and colour correcting them) and then exporting each to create an already synced file of the same length as the outout file. This helped a lot.

But I still find that the preview lags by the time the 3;30 playback is done. This makes it very hard to identify edit points, and I end up having to do a test render so I can find the places to cut by running the test render in VLC and noting the timing. It's a pain.

Reducing the resolution of the preview helps quite a bit, though still not perfect.

I could push the memory on thos box to 16GB or 32GB but I am wondering if this is the issue? with four input files adding up to less than 2GB total, I would have thought 8GB would be OK for this project?

Thanks for any insights or advice.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
from previous discussions 12GB RAM was enough; however, i've been recommending 16GB RAM.

Quote ... I still find that the preview lags by the time the 3;30 playback is done. This makes it very hard to identify edit points, and I end up having to do a test render so I can find the places to cut by running the test render in VLC and noting the timing. It's a pain. ...

nothing wrong with that. i use MPC-HC. unless your GPU is a lot faster than CPU turn off all Hardware Acceleration.

Quote ... Reducing the resolution of the preview helps quite a bit, though still not perfect. ...

same same...

you should have purchased SSD drives past Black Friday sale. 1TB was $87.00. not anymore. since you didn't, i recommend minimum 500GB C:\ drive. 3000 MHZ 16GB RAM is less than $80.00...

here's my previous posts...
Quote ...
i've experienced about 10% reduction in rendering time when i used SSD drive.
everyone had 12GB to 32GB memory but PD14 used max 8GB... so when your system has total 8GB then you'll feel the pain...

Suggested PC Specification for PD 18?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1