Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reoccurrence of a PD17 problem :(
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Last March, I found an issue in PD17 where copying titles from the timeline, then creating a new project and pasting the titles resulted in the titles becoming ~10x longer for no apparent reason. Unfortunately, that's the same issue I'm seeing now in PD18.

To confirm what I'm seeing, please download this very simple project from this OneDrive folder, copy the timeline items, create a new project and paste them on the new timeline.

Visually, everything should look perfect and identical until you check the durations. On my PC, the 10 sec title is now 1:40, the 5 sec skydiver pic is now 0:50 long, and the skateboard clip is 2:39:28 instead of about 16 sec.

Also interesting is that if you change the project frame rate and then paste again, the new clips will have the correct durations. The problem happens regardless of what the initial project frame rate is, and changing the new project's frame rate somehow resets the duration that got mangled by the glitch.

I do not see the issue when using New Workspace, and It doesn't seem to happen with every project, but the linked project always shows the problem. So too does the titles project in the earlier post I linked to.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've reported this issue to tech support on ticket CS002084738, and I'll post back with any updates.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°