Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving content packs to second hard drive
[Post New]
I downloaded some packs from Cyberlink application manager but I want to move them to my other drive to save space on my main drive. How do I do that?
davidh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 18:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I downloaded some packs from Cyberlink application manager but I want to move them to my other drive to save space on my main drive. How do I do that?

You might be able to set junction points to another drive, but you will have to find out where all your content is stored first and copy these over to the other drive.

google about junction points and experiment with some simple examples first before you try.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've used junctions for years, and they're great if you don't want to uninstall/reinstall any of the already installed packs. There's also an easy way when using the App Manager, but you would need to uninstall the existing packs first.

To do this, uninstall the packs you want to move using Windows' normal uninstaller. Then, open App Manager and click on the Settings (gear) icon, set the installation path to your desired location, and reinstall the packs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2019 14:04

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I've used junctions for years, and they're great if you don't want to uninstall/reinstall any of the already installed packs. There's also an easy way when using the App Manager, but you would need to uninstall the existing packs first.

To do this, uninstall the packs you want to move using Windows' normal uninstaller. Then, open App Manager and click on the Settings (gear) icon, set the installation path to your desired location, and reinstall the packs.

Thank you
[Post New]
Quote I've used junctions for years, and they're great if you don't want to uninstall/reinstall any of the already installed packs. There's also an easy way when using the App Manager, but you would need to uninstall the existing packs first.

Great idea opdata, but will it still work with a core application upgrade? or do I have to change the path each time depending on what I want to do (upgrade/pack install)?

Cyberlink developers for years, ignore user's suggestions to make optional paths for different parts of the application. Additional packs are one of them. I use SSD drive for system and I would be happy not to waste its space for things I use from time to time like sound clips, templates, etc. At the moment I cannot do it because CL does not consider it important. All that junction point talk is a patch only. I would expect more from an application like this. _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Generally speaking, junctions will work with any application at any time, because they're a part of the OS that's completely hidden from programs and apps. There are some limitations regarding RAM drives and USB drives and which formats are allowed, but for this discussion, the answer is defintely YES.

So when you create a junction that sets C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink <=> D:\TonsOfRoom, PD will install exactly where it needs to install even though Windows is actually sending the code and data to your redirected location.

It seems to me that there actually is/was a point in the installation process of the perpetually licensed products where you could specify a new location, but I think you had to do that manually each time you installed a new pack. Using a junction redirecting the default location to your desired drive would avoid that completely.

Also, if you use (or upgrade to) the subscription version, you can easily specify where things get installed, and that setting can be changed at any time by clicking on the Gear icon in the App Manager:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
But still, I don't get it...

The path c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\ seams to be the Application Manager installation path. Changing it shouldn't affect the installation of other applications like Holliday Packs, Motion Graphics, etc. because they look like independent applications. They are even listed on the system's application list and can be uninstalled there. CL core has been installed in c:\Program Files\CyberLink\ directory (on my Windows 10 x64). I don't think changing the path in the AM will affect the installation path of any packs.

Anyway... I cannot find where sound clips have been downloaded? _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)
optodata
[Post New]
Ok you're going off on different directions here.

First do you have the subscription version that uses the App Manager? I'm asking because your signature says "PD15"

Second, the App Manager setting is indeed where it will install every app, pack and media item, but I think that's only true if you change it from the default. For instance, I just changed it to my B:\ drive (which is actually a RAM dive):

I then selected the Light Leak Overlay Pack, and you can see that it was downloaded and installed exactly where I wanted it to be:

Now, if you're also asking where the default location is for downloaded content, the answer depends on what kind of content it is. For something like "Office Sounds" which can be downloaded from either the App Manager or from within PD, they will be stored in the C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Audio folder.

If you're asking where to find the downloaded sounds inside PD, the answer is here:

You may want to click on the far right column to sort by Download so you see all of the content that's currently installed on your system.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Thank you for the detailed answer.

I actually use 365 subscription. I cannot find a way to change my signature it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2020 19:53

optodata
[Post New]
Oh, That's easy! Just click on My Profile above the forum text box and change the details in Signature: cool

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Quote Oh, That's easy! Just click on My Profile above the forum text box and change the details in Signature: cool

I thought the same way! I'm not an idiot innocent That's the way I created it in the first place tongue-out

It looks like CL changed its policy and now you have to be Member rank to change your signature. Again, they don't care about members like me who are here for some time and set their signature in old good times.

Well... I have to boost my rank quick cool
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I thought the same way! I'm not an idiot innocent That's the way I created it in the first place tongue-out

It looks like CL changed its policy and now you have to be Member rank to change your signature. Again, they don't care about members like me who are here for some time and set their signature in old good times.

Well... I have to boost my rank quick cool

The profile change issue was discussed by Admin here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/81380.page#335016 I think the "Newbie" status changes to "Member" at ~50 msg, so yes, you are close.

Jeff