Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing pdlcp, dzbl and dza
flippy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2019 11:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. How do I import all these files into PowerDirector? I notice some of them plus the many packs can be downloaded and installed directly into the software. But I have some sitting outside the software. I downloaded them from the cyberlink website. I tried to drag them into PowerDirector, like, I tried to drag the .dzbl files into have-a-video-clip-selected > Tools > Blending effect > the-blending-effect-window. It doesn't work. Or, I tried File > Import, then I can do things with 'media' and more 'download'...

What's the fastest solution to import lots of effects and packs that are not already installed into the software?

Getting excited and look forward to your quick responses

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2019 02:19

flippy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2019 11:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
[Problems solved] I figured out. I just need to double click the downloads. Then restart the program. But double clicking would make duplicates at Blending Effects > Downloaded, at least for the blending effects. And the downloads can be deleted. I'm not used to user-friendly software...

Quote Hi. How do I import all these files into PowerDirector? I notice some of them plus the many packs can be downloaded and installed directly into the software. But I have some sitting outside the software. I downloaded them from the cyberlink website. I tried to drag them into PowerDirector, like, I tried to drag the .dzbl files into have-a-video-clip-selected > Tools > Blending effect > the-blending-effect-window. It doesn't work. Or, I tried File > Import, then I can do things with 'media' and more 'download'...

What's the fastest solution to import lots of effects and packs that are not already installed into the software?

Getting excited and look forward to your quick responses

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2019 06:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad you were able to figure this out. By the way, you don't need to close PD and reopen it, or install the add-ins with PD closed. If you have PD running, the new content is available right away!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I would appreciate some advice on the following. I have just tried downloading some titles and effects from the Cyberlink site and install them into PD17.

When downloaded i am asked either to save them or use PD subroutine to load them. If the latter, the installer window confirms the download and installed or;

I can locate the downloads and double click them, The installer message window comes up and says they are installed but in either case PD does not see them in the libraries.

I have installed these types of downloads previously (some months ago).

I have not used PD for a while, and I am aware that Win10 has some major upgrades (??) and PD17 also had a major upgrade.

I have taken a look in c:\users\Public etc and see my previous downloads, so can only assume that the files are being installed elsewhere ( but where ?) or Win10 is having an Adminstatrion huff, and not allowing PD to see them.

I have restarted Win10 and PD hoping that the file paths would be seen, but no luck on that approach. I have tried tracing new files loaded by date, but again seem unable to locate any files other than the downloads.

Any suggestions would be useful

Thanks in anticipation. Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely you downloaded the titles and effects of a different aspect ratio than what you set in your project preferences. See this post and how the OP there fixed it: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80124.page .
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Many thanks, it was the aspect ratio that was at fault.

Although I picked 16:9 when I first searched, the web page I ended up on seems to loose the aspect parameter.

( https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/search/effect-search.do#EE,SOUND,TT:title,COLLAGE:videoc,MT,PFX,PRESET,AVATAR:avatar,AVATARC,ACC,BG,MGS,BLENDING,OVERLAY,EXT,AR,ENV,ACE,TP,CP,DB,EXP:opening,EXP:middle,EXP:end__Relevance__AllTime__All__ALL__All__-1__1__16)

There are lots of useful filters on the page, it would be useful if aspect ratio could be added.

I took a look at 4:3 ratio, and all my downloads were sitting there !

Thanks again.

(@10:30 am UK) Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte