Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MSVCR110.dll mess
[Post New]
A few days ago I tried to open PowerDVD 17 and got a message saying "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

So I uninstalled and tried to reinstall PowerDVD 17, but that message appeared three or four times during the installation, which was completed only after I clicked OK each time the message appeared. Then came a message saying that PowerDVD 17 was successfully installed, with a button to launch it. I clicked on it but nothing happened, and the same happens if I try to open it via Desktop shortcut.

I searched and found how to fix issues related to the MSVCR110.dll and downloaded its installer from the offical Microsoft page, reinstalled it and again tried to reinstall PowerDVD 17 with the same results.

I'm not sure, but I think this problem might be related to Windows 10 updates on my desktop PC, which runs with Windows Insider updates. I have another license of PowerDVD 17 and it's running OK on my laptop PC, which is not running Insider versions. Besides, I remember that PowerDVD 17 was OK on the desktop PC too a few weeks ago.

So I ask you to please help me get PowerDVD 17 installed and running again. TIA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2019 13:36

jwsg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2015 16:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A few days ago I tried to open PowerDVD 17 and got a message saying "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

So I uninstalled and tried to reinstall PowerDVD 17, but that message appeared three or four times during the installation, which was completed only after I clicked OK each time the message appeared. Then came a message saying that PowerDVD 17 was successfully installed, with a button to launch it. I clicked on it but nothing happened, and the same happens if I try to open it via Desktop shortcut.

I searched and found how to fix issues related to the MSVCR110.dll and downloaded its installer from the offical Microsoft page, reinstalled it and again tried to reinstall PowerDVD 17 with the same results.

I'm not sure, but I think this problem might be related to Windows 10 updates on my desktop PC, which runs with Windows Insider updates. I have another license of PowerDVD 17 and it's running OK on my laptop PC, which is not running Insider versions. Besides, I remember that PowerDVD 17 was OK on the desktop PC too a few weeks ago.

So I ask you to please help me get PowerDVD 17 installed and running again. TIA.
I have just had the same on version 15 and have posted a sequence of steps that seems to have fixed it for me for the moment https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79513.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2019 08:32