Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT and Best Matched Format Broken again.
[Post New]
With the latest update PD insists on using M2TS even when all files (except one MOV) on the timeline are pm4 !

Very anoying.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2019 15:33

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Very annoying indeed. I have found the workaround for this. Create a custom mp4 profile using the data from the m2ts information. It works for me.

I have noticed that in this forum that it is only me that keeps bringing up SVRT issues and problems and then report them to Cyberlink support. Get no response from users who may have the same issue. Other users need to report the bugs when found as I find workarounds for just about every issue and don’t want to report them all myself and be the only one to get grilled. Please report this issue to Cyberlink support if you like.
[Post New]
Quote Very annoying indeed. I have found the workaround for this. Create a custom mp4 profile using the data from the m2ts information. It works for me.

I have noticed that in this forum that it is only me that keeps bringing up SVRT issues and problems and then report them to Cyberlink support. Get no response from users who may have the same issue. Other users need to report the bugs when found as I find workarounds for just about every issue and don’t want to report them all myself and be the only one to get grilled. Please report this issue to Cyberlink support if you like.

I had to correct my original post: ONE of the files is an MOV file.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have noticed that in this forum that it is only me that keeps bringing up SVRT issues and problems and then report them to Cyberlink support. Get no response from users who may have the same issue. Other users need to report the bugs when found as I find workarounds for just about every issue and don’t want to report them all myself and be the only one to get grilled. Please report this issue to Cyberlink support if you like.

I appreciate all of the testing you've done! On my end I don't have a clear enough sense of when SVRT should be available vs. when it actually is to spend much time on it. In other words, I often don't see any reason why parts or virtually all of my project can't use SVRT, but if the Profile Analizer doesn't come up with anything, I usually move on.

When anomalous producing happens due to SVRT, I'm much more likely to dig around and try to isolate and understand the issue, and then report it. This is one example, and I have a brand new one today where a 5 minute section of the original clip is missing when I put a few images on a lower track to merge them with the original using SVRT

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

I appreciate all of the testing you've done! On my end I don't have a clear enough sense of when SVRT should be available vs. when it actually is to spend much time on it. In other words, I often don't see any reason why parts or virtually all of my project can't use SVRT, but if the Profile Analizer doesn't come up with anything, I usually move on.

When anomalous producing happens due to SVRT, I'm much more likely to dig around and try to isolate and understand the issue, and then report it. This is one example, and I have a brand new one today where a 5 minute section of the original clip is missing when I put a few images on a lower track to merge them with the original using SVRT

I've been a PD user for 10 years. The problems popping up these days are small potatoes to the ones in 2008. "Anoying" is a mild adjective if it was applied to PD back then. None the less, SVRT has been a major pain in the past 3-4 years primarily because of it's inconsistencies. There appears to be very low level of logic being applied when determining what rule is being applied. Frankly I no longer trust it and ignore it. It has become another sales gimmick.