Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Rotate Text in Frame & Watermark Creater Screen?
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I realize that I can rotate the text when I am in the Layers screen, but does anyone know how come the text cannot be rotated any number of degrees in the Edit screen when in the Frame & Watermark section??

It seems that the text can only be displayed in a normal fashion/straight (zero degrees rotation.) How come that's the case and is there a way to rotate the text when creating a Watermark?

Thanks.
[Post New]
Hello JimNJ,

As you highlighted in your other recent thead, there are times when modules in PhotoDirector cannot do what many graphics applications can. In those cases, even though it may be less-than-ideal, they can be used in combination.

The text formatting options in the Watermark module are very basic, as in other subsidiary parts of PhD.

In most graphics software, producing angled text is easy. Saved in .PNG format with a transparent canvas, such an image can be imported into the watermark. Text in the bottom left corner was done in PhD. Bottom right corner was imported.

Once resized etc, that can be saved as a template for future use.

As you've noted, text can be rotated in the Layers module. By disabling the background image, this can be saved as a new .PNG image or an Express Template - so it can be easily applied in future.

There are different ways around most issues. For comparison, here are the two watermark images shown above.
Made in Layers module
Made in graphics app

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2019 12:43

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
PIX,

Thank you as always for your prompt replies and invaluable help. You are a great asset to this Forum!

I will continue to use Photo Director 9 and Power Director 16, and if I get stuck on anything, I'll come back to the Community Forum for help!

Thanks again!