Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 14 Error Code 0012
ZZZ777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2019 06:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I try to play a blu ray on my external blu ray player through PowerDVD 14, I get the error code 0012 and the message, "Playback stopped because your graphics card is incompatible. Run BD Advisor tool for more information." So. I downloaded the Advisor tool and tested my PC for blu ray playing capabilities. It came back fine. This is a brand new computer, there shouldn't be any issue with playing a movie.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Please follow the instructions when posting a new topic and help to attach your DXDiag.txt file so us forum users can gain some insight.

Before that though you should go to your GPU manufacturer's web site and download the latest driver for your GPU. Even if it is a "new" computer, the driver will be outdated because updates have been made since it was packaged. The GPU needs to constantly be updated to play the latest Blu-rays. Something which is repeated over and over on this site. More details here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/66024.page

David