Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam Designer ~ extending the edit ?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
After using the Multicam Designer I realised that I need to extend my edit.
The two options I know about doing this are ....
Just start the whole Multicam Edit again OR Start a new Multicam Edit from a point on the timeline before the first Multicam Edit finished, then "join" the two bits together.

What I would love to know is....

Is there another way to just "pop" the original Multicam Edit back into the Multicam Plugin and continue to edit and not lose all the indiviual edits?

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am not an expert with MC but find small touchups in trimming and editing them easy. The question is how long you want to extend your original edit. This is what I do. Highlight the clip on the timeline that you want to extend. Move the mouse cursor to the edge of the two clips until it turn into a double headed arrow. Click and drag left or right to extend the edit.

Hope this helps.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Kyle, here's a thread from barely 2 weeks ago that answers your exact question

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Kyle, here's a thread from barely 2 weeks ago that answers your exact question

Many thanks optodata. I knew there was away but couldn't find it but with your help I've done it. Cheerslaughing I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote I am not an expert with MC but find small touchups in trimming and editing them easy. The question is how long you want to extend your original edit. This is what I do. Highlight the clip on the timeline that you want to extend. Move the mouse cursor to the edge of the two clips until it turn into a double headed arrow. Click and drag left or right to extend the edit.

Hope this helps.

Hi tomasc, thanks for your reply. Appologies for my grammar, I realsie that I did say "edit", what I really ment was "edit session" not just an edit. I knew that you can adjust the individual edits when in the timeline by dragging and overwriting, iving you the ability to fine tune.

Thanks again

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.