Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All Hardware Acceleration Options Unavailable
[Post New]
So I've been using PowerDirector 15 for past year and it's given me no problems until now.

My problem is that all options under "Hardware Acceleration" are greyed-out and un-selectable. A few days ago they worked as they should 100% of the time. Now I can't select any of them. Video rendering used to take 30 minutes to an hour, now they take a few hours and have these weird "blocky effects". They still appear on my videos even if I select the two "Reduce blocky artifacts" settings.

The only things that changed on my computer were I updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and I updated PowerDriector 15 to the latest version.

Out of frustration, I tried every available solution that people have posted. Regedit, secret options, driver rollback, re-installing the program, everything. Nothing works. A few days ago this wasn't happening. Now my YouTube channel can't continue because I don't have a functioning video editor anymore.

What's interesting is that the most recent most post about my issue is dated a year ago. Those times the issue was solved, but I can't find any evidence of this happening in 2018.

Did I pay for software that doesn't work as advertised? I will provide any information if asked to.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The only things that changed on my computer were I updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and I updated PowerDriector 15 to the latest version.

This is an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers. Simply revert back to the previous drivers to enable Hardware Acceleration for now. See this post for more information: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77444.page .