Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 and Everio JVC
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I`m attending to buy the PD7 deluxe.

I have now PD5 premium and I can use it for my MOD files of my Everio.

But in requirements of PD7 I only see 2 JVC Everio camcorders.

**JVC Everio camcorder (GZ-MC100, GZ-MC200)**

Mine is not mentioned. Does this mean that only these 2 JVC Camcorders can be used?

Mine has also the MOD files which can be used according the long specification on PD7.

It is a bit confusing and I need to continue to be able to use my MOD files of my Everio cc.

Thanks for helping me out here.

Many thanks
Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
My old miniDV camera was never in the list either - your camera should be fine. Mod files etc.

Dafydd
Ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2009 16:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am in a similer position, have a JVC with the software bundle which works fine on my XP pc but does not like my Vista laptop.

I have downloaded PowerDirector 7 which looks really good but when I try import MOD files into PD7 the program crashes. Any ideas why, dont want to send money on something that does not work!

Thanks
Ben
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ben,
Please use search: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/search/filters.page for mod and jvc issue.

I recall a similar post last week and it was answered by another forum member (I think it was Ed) who's had no problems with his PD7 set up. You shouldn't have a problem. Please be aware that CyberLink do have a 30 day money back and will assist you to resolve problems.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Ben [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

Thanks for the advise, I have had a look and found a few suggestions namely to reinstall the software. Which I have done (after doing a full removal, including cleaning out the regitery)

This has not fixed the problem though, when I try import a file it crashes. Not when its importing though. It crashes when I click on the file I want to import. This says to me that its a decoder problem as its happening when the system trys to create the preview of the file

Any help would be great

Thanks
Ben
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
That sounds more like you have a corrupt mod file (file size?) or your CPU cant cope. What mod files have you tried - sizes? What happens when you click,drag and drop the video into the media library?

If you want a free decoder (which I use) try FFDShow. Along with other PD tools used by editors it's listed here:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-news-items.html
You'll need to join.

Dafydd

Ben [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

I have tried a number of different mod files so I know its not the files I am using. These files work fine in PD5

As for my laptop, I am running an Acer with a Intel Celeron 560 running at 2.13GHz with 2Gb Ram and 18GB free on the hdd.

I am already using FFDSHOW, my next step is to reinstall it.

Only just tried to drag and drop but got the same result, this program has stopped responding and will terminate

Thanks for you help

Ben
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK Ben, you do the uninstall etc as per:
Guide:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART: C

I'm making a few "checking" enquiries to see if I can find out more.

Dafydd
[Moderator]