Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Failed! Error code 8007000e
[Post New]
Hi!

I'm trying to author a DVD disc using PowerDirector 7 Ultra, but I'm always getting this error:

Burning Failed! Error code 8007000e

Whether I try to burn to a disk or to a VIDEO_TS folder, I get the same error.

The footage says it'll take up about 800MB, so there shouldn't be a problem with the size. The content is made up of MTS (AVCHD) files.

Any ideas? Doing my head in as the program is giving me no indication whatsoever as to what the problem is!

Thanks in advance!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Gidday Iain -

If you use the search link at the top (see it?) you'll find many references to the same issue.

You'll find good advice like this...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6792.page

PD7 does have problems burning sometimes.

Many users on this forum do all their editing and production with PD7 then burn with dedicated burn/DVD authoring software.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Tony!

Yeah, I searched around I admit I missed the one posting that mentioned '8007000e', but there was no satisfactory response in there anyway.

I have 4GB in my machine (though 32 bit Vista, so only 3.2 odd addressable) and about half a terabyte of free space, so I'm not convinced it's a resource issue, as alluded to in the post. It's a dual core with a 8800GTS, so more than meets the minimum req's of the software.

I just tried now, producing to a DVD mpg then burning that to DVD and it worked fine. So, I don't quite understand why I get the error, when effectively the application is doing exactly the same thing, as in trascoding then writing to DVD.

It's just a ************* that, when doing final copies of stuff for myself (HD) and my folks (DVD), that I need to faff around with adding menus for each target media format. I rather thought I could do everything once then burn to my choice of media without having to redo anything.

I think the lack of useful error messages from PowerDirector didn't help much either.

Regardless, if anyone has any advice that can specifically help me with the 8007000e error, I'd love to hear from you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2009 03:45

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
OK, first off, please don't use curse vulgarities or substitute characters as an abbreviation for them. I know this might appear petty and pedantic but this is a public forum and I apply a strict "NO" policy. I'm sure you are eloquent enough to articulate an issue without resorting to offensive terminology. I dislike deleting posts for minor infractions while at the same time I find writing these explanations really boring and time consuming. I also find it equally tiresome to remove and edit a post just to retain content. The answer is of course "be smart and not dumb" with the use of language.

2. Google it

Update your drivers.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, I'm confused as to what drivers you're referring to. If you believe this to be a driver error then cool, but could you please be more specific?

I had already queried for the error code in Google, but the results that come back are Windows generic or relate to SQL Server and ODBC drivers, which I suspect have nothing to do with the problem. The error code itself is a Windows one and relates to system resources, but as I posted above, I have plenty free RAM and disk space.

The error occurs within PowerDirector when I burn a DVD, or when I write the DVD files to a folder. It doesn't occur in any other application. It also appears to work fine if I 'Produce' first, to a DVD compatible codec - that's both writing to a folder (VIDEO_TS) and burning directly to a DVD (tried both -R and +R)

Just to be clear, the error occurs within PowerDirector and I was looking for specific help with why this issue occurs within this software.

With other post around the stability (or lack of) of the software around the 'Burn' process, I was more inclined to believe it to be a software issue and was hoping for workarounds (reg hack or something) or indications of a patch that would resolve the behaviour. Hence my initial post to this forum.

Once again, thanks to you both for your posts and I apologise if I appear ungrateful - I paid for the product and it's not working as it should, so I'm really keen to get to the root cause of this and get it resolved.

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I was referring to your disc burner's drivers - I should have been more precise.
Try:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART H

Note: For technical support from CyberLink, please go to:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2009 06:17

[Post New]
Dafydd,

Thanks again for replying.

As I said in my original post, the error also occurs when I write the files to a folder, so it's not evening touching the burning hardware at this point. Therefore, I suspect drivers are not an issue. However, I'll check on the LG site and make sure they are up to date.

Think I'll take your advice and raise a support call.

Cheers!