Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio out of sync.. or spaces between two audio tracks
scotcruz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2009 13:36 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
hi folks,

I use to have this problem with PD3.. and it returns or PD7 or perhaps I am doing something wrong..

Im put some audio tracks on my sons birthday DVD, they are one after another and sync ok,.. but on one track there is a gap of a minute or two ALTHOUGH there is no gap between them...

when I see it in the timeline its perfectly fine, but when its produces, there is a gap..

is there something Im doing wrong.. please please advise..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2009 19:18

Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2009 10:35 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Try importing the audio track again, get it lined up and then produce it straight away, without doing anything else first...
And check the track time before you put it onto the timeline, if it suddenly gets longer when you put it on trim it a bit and see if that works...
scotcruz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2009 13:36 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
tried and no luck..

any more suggestions ???
[Post New]
Hi scotcruz -

Though I have no experience of your issue, here's what I would do.

Using a separate audio editor, like Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ -

1. Import your sound clips/tacks into a new project
2. Line them up the way you want - save the project just in case you need to do further modifications.
3. Export the whole thing as WAV or mp3
4. Back in PD7, remove the offending music from the timeline.
5. Import your WAV/mp3 file
6. Place it on the timeline in the music track.

Unless there's something else really weird happening, I am certain that will get you a happy outcome.

Cheers -

Tony Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
chuck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2009 16:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i'm having the same problem with the audio getting out of synch although it only seems to happen when i try and do a file in 720 or 1080. Mine only happens when I use the method tony suggested...bringing in the audio from another source and putting it on the voice track or the music track. I'm usually recording guitar vids. I use a separate minidisc recorder that i dump that audio into pro tools and massage it for quality and then bring that into the video project. It makes no difference if I leave the original audio track on the video track and just lower the volume so it does not play or if i separate it out and delete it...the processed audio gets out of synch by a half second or so after it is produced. it does not seem to effect the lower quality settings but i'm trying to produce a 720 resolution vid so i need it to work together. any ideas?
Elisabeth G.
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I experience this problem frequently. I posted my list of workarounds in this thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6776.page

chuck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2009 16:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
jeez...that's a shame that there really is no good solution. The aggravation is not worth it, so i'll pursue my video pursuits in a different direction.