CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No video on capture
Reply to this topic
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
OK folks, decided to "upgrade" from PD15 to 16. Have tried to capture VHS, using same PC, same VCR, with diamond VC500. Preview window is green, and when I start tape, preview screen goes black. Audio plays but NO video. If I retry same on PD15 everything is fine. Did I waste my money on the "upgrade"???
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4114 Online
[Post New]
You need to be sure that the Capture settings in PD16 is set to be the same as in PD15. Click on settings /Video Setup/Capture source/ change selection to S-Video or Composite. The TV setup tab should be set to NTSC M in the U.S.A.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You need to be sure that the Capture settings in PD16 is set to be the same as in PD15. Click on settings /Video Setup/Capture source/ change selection to S-Video or Composite. The TV setup tab should be set to NTSC M in the U.S.A.

You can tell i'm a novice at this, had input set at s-video. Changed to composite and so far so good. THANKS.
[Post New]
Quote You need to be sure that the Capture settings in PD16 is set to be the same as in PD15. Click on settings /Video Setup/Capture source/ change selection to S-Video or Composite. The TV setup tab should be set to NTSC M in the U.S.A.

I am also new to this. I have PD17 and I am trying to Capture a BetaCam SP through a Sony J30 SDI . Nothing coming up on the screen. I selected "Capture from an external or optical drive". I am connected to the iEEE1394 firewire from the Sony J30 to the Thunderbolt on my Lenovo ThinkPad. I have installed the driver for this. Lenovo beeps when I plug or unplug this but ??

I don't see the "Settings" referred to in the earlier post. Any help is appreciated. Steve Lawrence
Lawrence Media Inc
Reply to this topic