Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Motion fix/patch solution here [v2726] -PAGE 2- Testing of magic motion on multiple computers
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone, as many of you are aware, magic motion has not worked properly since build 2227c. Over the weekend I decided to fill an official support ticket with Cyberlink to hopefully get this problem resolved for the next build release. Customer support sent me a link to download a fresh copy of PD 7Ultra build 2726 and told me to install it after removing my version of PD. I also wrote to technical support and they told me to send in a particular diagnostic report.

Anyways, instead of uninstalling and reinstalling on my current quad core system with all my projects, I decided to install the fresh copy of 2726 onto my old celeron laptop. This computer is about 7 years old and obviously single core. I made a small slide show consisting of the test images which come with PD and added magic motion to each of them. I produced the slide show as an AVI file as well as MPEG2. To my surprise there was no stuttering/skipping of the images when playing the produced file in another player. I then turned on my newer Core2Duo laptop and uninstalled my working copy of 2227c (I still have the 2227c patch file) and installed 2726. I made the same simple slide show with magic motion with this computer. This time the stuttering/skipping returned when playing the produced file.

The only difference between these two files is that one was produced using a single core computer and the other was produced using a dual core computer. I tried setting the CPU affinity of my Core2Duo to 1 and reproduced the file with only one core active, but there was still stuttering.

I have not tried the above tests on my quad core Q9300, but don't think there will be any improvement over my patched 2726 version I'm currently using.

I'll inform Cyberlink about my test results when I send my diagnostic report.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2009 03:36

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James -

I took your suggestion . . . uninstalled build 2519, reinstalled and rolled back to build 2227c on my quad core system. I was holding my breath as I opened the project that I initially did on build 2519 and VOILA!!! Except for a few tweaks of the music everything opened fine. And to my surprise all the magic motion effects worked perfectly. Don't know why it worked on my and not yours. I think I will stay with 2227c until this motion thing is fixed.

HOWEVER . . . now I have a new problem. When I got ready to burn the project, I got to about 20% and got the "burning failed code eb130581". I did a search on this forum and saw Dafydd stated it was a "write command failure when writing VOB files". The solution was to save it to a file (which I did), but now how do I burn it to disk? Is the Cyberlink DVD burning software good?

Cindy
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cindy, I never had a problem with 2227c. In my test I wanted to test a fresh copy of 2726. I'll be going back to 2227c on my dual core laptop.

I'm glad to hear that your project opened opened properly. As for making DVDs with PD my normal course of action is to produce a file like you did (DVDHQ). After producing the file close PD and reopen it. Find your produced video and added it to the media library and drag it into the timeline as you would start a new project. Click on the make disk tab next to produce (or whatever it is called) and burn your video. I never had a disk go bad following this method.

I don't have much experience with menus so your on your own with that.

I hope that helps. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
I guess that seems like an extra step since PD is supposed to do the whole thing, but I tried that and I still only got the burning up to about 20% before I got that "eb130581" error. I thought I read in an earlier post that someone suggested it was caused by a Windows security update??? I guess I don't know that much about computers, but that seemed weird.

Anyway, I know this post is supposed to be about magic motion (didn't mean to change the topic), so I may start another post about re-installation and burning.

Thanks,
Cindy
[Post New]
Good for you James - taking the bull by the horns like that!

I did a similar thing, but not so methodically as you. All I was trying to do was get a decent result - not get into the whys and wherefores.

My laptop is running PD7.0.0.1714 and has no trouble with Magic Motion. It produces smooth transitions invariably... and, like your Celeron, it's a more modest set up (ASUS Dual Core - T2350 @ 1.86GHz - running Vista).

I haven't installed the leatest build of PD7 on the laptop, knowing what difficulties there were. Maybe I'll just leave it as is for now, till there is some more hopeful news.

I'll be very interested to read the results of your further testing or findings.

Cheers -

Tony

Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
James W
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

If memory serves me correctly, 1714 was the build prior to 2227c. The biggest lesson I have learned from this experience is not to apply any new patches unless something is actually broken or you have on hand a file for the current working patch.

I'll be producing a wedding video this summer and I want to use magic motion. I would like Cyberlink to look into this issue so I thought I would run the issue up the flagpole and see if anyone shoots back.

I was just happy they replied back as fast as they did.

We'll see what happens.
Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Good job James.

Can you publish that link that Cyberlink sent you?
Or, for security/licensing reasons, does everyone that suffers with the “Post 2227c Magic Motion Glitch”, have to individually contact Cyberlink? Not all of us have the foresight to save patches. Or the know how. And I don’t see the option to aquire a previous patch on Cyberlink’s site,

I saw a post a while back where I believe it was member “pjc” that offered to send a previous build patch to someone, but then thought twice about it and asked if that may be in violation of some licensing protocols. I never did see if that was confirmed or not.
Still, no one who has purchased PD, should have to continue to suffer a flawed build that Cyberlink offered. There should be an easy way to access and revert back to a patch that worked fine for them.

As a loyal Cyberlink fan, I am quite confused and very disappointed in CL that this (post 2227 build) Magic Motion glitch, has persisted for so long, for so many, without an "Obvious" avenue for relief.

Or am I missing something here?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2009 19:49

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The proc and affinity was mentioned earlier as well.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/5401.page#22276

I had submitted a bug report on Jan 11 when I noticed the issue with 2429a that was released in Jan, 2009.

Patch 2726 4/2009, has jerky issue for me
Patch 2519 2/2009, has jerky issue for me
Patch 2429a 1/2009, has jerky issue for me
Patch 2416 1/2009, not tested, patch was only posted for about 5 days before patch 2429a was posted so I wouldn't image it's much to brag about. I never installed it.
Patch 2227c 11/2008, LAST anti jerk release for me as well as many others
Patch 2206 10/2008
Patch 2105 9/2008
Patch 1915 7/2008
Patch 1829 7/2008
Patch 1714 5/2008

I too find it rather frustrating. I took the time to fill out a bug report and honestly never heard a thing so I followed up about a month later. I then got a reply that they would like my pds file which was nothing more than the pics they provide with PD and I had provided step by step instructions on what to do to make it jerk documented in the bug report. Heard nothing back so I thought it would be a done deal and this new patch, 2726 would take care of it but no such luck. I had thought the same about 2519 too. I guess fool me once, fool me twice.....

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 16. 2009 09:36

James W
[Post New]
Hi Jeff you are right about the affinity and I do remember that link. I just wanted to try it on my setup and post what happened.

Cyberlink told me to send a diagnostic file which contains everything possible about my computer.

I've contacted them twice now in the last few days and have gotten favorable responses within 12 hours each time. Who knows what's actually going on on their end. Our moderator told me that he is trying to assist us in getting Cyberlink to look into this issue.

It seems to be a multicore processor issue base on my tests and from what I've read on this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2009 07:36

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
My offer still stands. PM me.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
Magic Motion issue is being looked into by CyberLink. I've had an email today from one of the managers at R&D, the issue has been duplicated and will be resolved asap.

Adrian (vnrider800) provided a full project and finished Standard HD wmv file with the shimmer/shudder for CyberLink to work with.

I'm hopeful of a speedy solution.

In a week's time, nag me to find out what's happening please if I don't post anything sooner.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
James W
[Post New]
Thanks Dafyfdd for your assistance with this! Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
Hear! Hear!

... and, as if in expectant answer, a great screaming roar went up from the distant assembled throng of PD users, punctuated only with the sound of popping corks. The crowd surged forward under a deluge of champagne as the chanting and singing grew louder. "Hail Dafydd! Hail Dafydd!"

"Friends! Editors! Mediamen! Lend me your ears. Your collective ejac - er - celebration is premature. We must wait until the royal messenger is despatched from the Kingdom of Cyberlink."

A hush fell over the crowd, loyal to their fearless moderator - and they sat in wait.

Thanks Dafydd!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2009 15:10

Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
James W
[Post New]
Tony,

How much time did you spend thinking of that? :

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2009 15:22

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
... about a paragraph!

I don't have difficulty generating useless stuff - finding productive solutions to technical issues presents far more of a challenge, which is why I happily leave that to you guys. Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to add a "hurrumph". HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
"hurrumph" noted. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hang fire boys, I've a door to walk through.

It is a real pleasure to have a delightful gang of contributors who have made me laugh, cry with a giggle or two.

Brilliant,

Dafydd

Hurrumph to all of you.... please note it down Carsten

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2009 04:07

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
"Yon Dafydd has a mean and hungry look, he thinks too much ...... such men are ?????"

Fill in the blanks to get your magic motion fixed.

==================
Even worse pun
"Et tu, Barry"

=====================

When are the Ides of May?

Answers on a postcard to Dafydd. Winner will get his Magic Motion fixed.

========================
Thus endeth the Shakespeare quiz.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
James W
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Cyberlink responded to me after I sent my diagnostic file. They asked me to update my video card drivers. My current drivers are only about two months old, but a newer version is available. I'll give this a try, but I have my doubts that this will solve anything. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT