Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Motion fix/patch solution here [v2726] -PAGE 2- Testing of magic motion on multiple computers
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Cyberlink responded to me after I sent my diagnostic file. They asked me to update my video card drivers. My current drivers are only about two months old, but a newer version is available. I'll give this a try, but I have my doubts that this will solve anything. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
I just got a new computer a week ago and specifically asked my installer to update the newest drivers from NVidia (which he did). I've emailed tech support before and that's the first thing they always say.

James, I'm with you, I don't thing that is going to make a difference - didn't with my project.

Still waiting . . . .

Cindy
PS - Dafydd, there aren't ALL guys on this forum. I'm just not as witty as the others! HA!
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
I have all the patches saved from 2227c onwards. I am willing to share these with anyone who wants them if only someone could tell me how to upload these files here
The attach option here,is restricted to 2 MB

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 17. 2009 22:16

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Well these file sizes are 30 to 50 MB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2009 22:19

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

babindia
[Post New]
My simple solution , Switch to XP 64 bit and see the difference

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 17. 2009 22:41

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I tried updating my video drivers like Cyberlink suggested, but no luck. I'm not surprised. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
[Post New]
Cyberlink got back to me again after I reported that updating the video drivers didn't solve the problem. Now they want me to do an uninstall followed by a registry cleanup and install a fresh copy of PD7 2726.

I'll be surprised if this fixes anything unless the version of 2726 they had me download is different than what they had me download last week.

Dafydd, have you heard anything back yet from Cyberlink?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2009 10:39

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I have a Magic Motion "Fix" which needs testing Download Patch/Fix

Please report back here after testing.

The fix has been supplied by R & D at CyberLink

The fix/patch will be removed upon the release of the next PD7 update

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2009 10:16

James W
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,

I'll try it out later today or over the weekend.

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Much, much, better, at least for me. I still have a small hiccup near the end of each picture. This hiccup still occurs in both magic motion random and slideshow with motion. It would almost appear to step backward in the motion direction a tiny bit prior to going to the next frame.

This effect is only slightly noticeable on the computer but once burnt to DVD and played on large screen it obviously becomes more noticeable.

Jeff

EDIT:
For reference the fix was applied to PD7, Release 2519

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2009 12:52

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff, Can you apply it to the latest build and test please?
Thanks
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cindy,

I didn't respond earlier 'cos I was scared to

"Hi Guys and Dolls", or should it be "Hi Guys and Gals" or "Hi Gals and Guys" or perhaps " Hi All".... yep ...but...but.... maybe. Oh heck

Thank you for the reminder Cindy, it made me smile.

Dafydd

Quote:
Cindy
PS - Dafydd, there aren't ALL guys on this forum. I'm just not as witty as the others! HA!
[Post New]
Hey - well done James - all your testing and documentation has paid off. Between you and Dafydd, you've moved a mountain. Hopefully, the resultant fix is a success. You should be applauded for your work and time.

I haven't tested the "fix" yet, but will do so soon.

Thanks guys (oh - and gals, of course).

Cheers -

Tony Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
James W
[Post New]
Thanks Tony for the compliments. All I did was complain to Cyberlink about their lack of support. I know I'm not the first one to do this. Hopefully this will be the end of this saga. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
[Post New]
Well I tested the patch. I added about 6 minutes worth if pictures and applied magic motion to each of them and selected random. I can happily report that the problem seems to be fixed! I did not see any problems that Jeff reported in his post.

One thing I did notice is that their appears to be a slight "waviness" to the pictures as they move across the screen. However, I think this was there previously in the earlier working builds of PD. I would not let this bother you if you need to use magic motion for one of your projects. The best way to describe this is when a VHS tape is put on pause and you can see a slight shaking when the image is not moving (but not as extreme). This appearance is only really noticeable when looking at objects with straight lines (bleachers in a football stadium or a striped shirt in my pics) or when looking at water.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2009 08:41

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
[Post New]
I performed a few additional tests.

This time I used my dual core laptop. For this test I took the stock images Cyberlink provides and placed them in the timeline and applied magic motion to each of them. I then rendered the images first in WMV 9 standard format before applying the patch. I then applied the patch and rerendered the same project. The patched version was much better, but occasionally there was slight skip/pause in one of the images. I also rendered the project in MPEG2 HQ format and saw the same thing. I also noticed that these images did not show the waviness that I previously reported with pictures I took with my own camera.

Overall I'm pleased with the results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2009 05:56

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you James and Jeff,

Perhaps a few more test from other members could be posted.

I'll change the title of the forum topic to assist others.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2009 06:11

James W
[Post New]
this thread keeps disappearing. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
Hey James - I found it!

Here are the results of my "Motion Test"

I made 3 separate slide shows using
1. PD7.2227c
2. PD7.2726
3. PD7.2726 (with fix/patch)

Each slide show used 12 images - all tken by moi - hi-res close-ups of flowers, so that any motion hiccup would show up clearly - first using the motion template, then applying separate motion paths to each image... there was no obvious difference between the two.

Each slide show was burnt to disc & though they obviously looked better played on the HDTV screen compared to the NOTHD monitor, there was no diffence in motion qualities that I could detect.

Each slide show was produced to HDV_MPEG2_1080i and played side by side.

In terms of motion & transition...

PD7.2227c - ever so slight "waviness" in motion, but quite smooth throughout. This would be less obvious with different sorts of images.

PPDDSE-se-seven...t-t-t-t-27t-t-t-26 - as we all know - not good at all. Intolerable level of jerkiness. N-n-n-nuff said!

PD7.2726 (with fix/patch) - much improved with patch applied. In motion terms, about equivalent to the first test with PD7.2227c

In my estimation, this fix is actually a fix.

Thank you the mountain movers!

Cheers -

Tony Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
[Post New]
and now - I'm off to practise my typing! Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
Sooooo . . . . what's the final verdict on the latest patch and the magic motion?

James, you mentioned that the photos are still a little wavy. I noticed when I first saw the jerkiness in build 2726 that it looked OK on the computer screen, but when I played it on a big TV the jerkiness really showed up. Does the waviness show up more when you play the final product on a big TV? It needs to work as well as build 2227c before I update.

I see the latest build on the website is still 2726 (rel 4/8/09). Isn't that still the one we have all had problems with?

I just don't want to update (again!) to this build if I'm going to still see the magic motion problems and have to reinstall 2227c again. This version seems to be working (except for the burning problem I'm now having).

Thanks,
Cindy