Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hardware video encoder option greyed out while producing! Please HELP! NOT SOLVED!
[Post New]
Hello,

While producing any video, I am not getting Fast Video Rendering Technology option.

PLease help me out.

I am sending some screenshots.

NOTE: The sceenshot serves only as an example. I am facing this problem in every video in all format.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 1: I am sending a recording of my screen. Please tell my what I am doing wrong. Please check attachment in next message.

EDIT 2: My original post was :"Fast Video Rendering Technology option greyed out while producing! Please HELP! NOT SOLVED!"

But after playing a little bit, I came to know that problem was only for Hardware Video encoder and SVRT is working completely fine.
[Thumb - 2017-10-14 (2).png]
 Filename
2017-10-14 (2).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
530 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
89 time(s)
[Thumb - 2017-10-14.png]
 Filename
2017-10-14.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
941 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
94 time(s)
[Thumb - 2017-10-14 (1).png]
 Filename
2017-10-14 (1).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1067 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 16 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2017 10:28

[Post New]
Quote Hello,

While producing any video, I am not getting Fast Video Rendering Technology option.

PLease help me out.

I am sending some screenshots.

NOTE: The sceenshot serves only as an example. I am facing this problem in every video in all format.

Here is my dxdiag info and screen recording,
 Filename
DXDIAG (2).rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 bytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)
 Filename
rec.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2298 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2017 05:41

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.

Quote ...
While producing any video, I am not getting Fast Video Rendering Technology option...

please read this post regarding SVRT Only when producing 1080p I am unable to use "Fast video rendering technology" option

and about your pc for 4k EDITOR SUPER SLOW PLEASE HELP

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum.

Quote ...
While producing any video, I am not getting Fast Video Rendering Technology option...

please read this post regarding SVRT Only when producing 1080p I am unable to use "Fast video rendering technology" option

and about your pc for 4k EDITOR SUPER SLOW PLEASE HELP

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

I appreciate your efforts, but i think i wrote in my post that I am not getting fast rendering in any video any format not only on 1080p. I am really disappointed with this software.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

My understanding of SVRT is that SVRT can either :

Suggest, based on your timeline content, the most appropriate output profile - preset or custom - to speed up rendering in production. Use ALT-s to show the SVRT track above the timeline.

and/or

speed up rendering if your timeline content matches your chosen production output.

These two may sound similar but in workflow terms they are very different. One is suggesting a suitable output format for you to use, the other allows you to chose your output format and then avail of SVRT if your workflow is planned accordingly.

For example, I have just finished a wedding video, compiling a 3 day event into 34 mins, the content is from multiple sources and cameras, image and video, .mp3 and .wav audio.

My workflow is to split the production into sections (11 in this case), compile and edit for each section, produce to MY CHOICE of output. This output choice will, of course, depend on several variables - such as content specs, audience type, playback facilities, streaming etc. etc.

SVRT is highly unilkely to be activated or of any significant use at this stage because of the multiple content types and amount of editing required.

However, when all the sections are completed, I can assemble them, do any minor transitions between sections etc. and then produce to my chosen output and SVRT will kick in and the final compiled render will be much, much quicker.

Any glitch or change in any particular section at this stage means only that the section needs to be edited, re-produced (No SVRT) and inserted into the final compilation where the whole can be re-produced with SVRT.

The key to understanding the use of SVRT is probably here, although this is from an old FAQ:

=====================================================

"Intelligent SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264 (Ultra64 version only) and DV-AVI (Type I) formats. In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) do not require rendering during production, and SVRT can therefore be applied:

The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.

The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile.

The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.

If all of the above conditions are met, SVRT can be used.

Any clips that do not meet the above criteria are fully rendered without SVRT

As you can see the chances of a timeline content exactly meeting those criteria in normal cicumstances is probably limited.

I stand to be corrected but I believe that in no case can SVRT be activated for a timeline content of images alone, SVRT only becomes a possibility for video content.

Hope that helps,
Adrian

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2017 06:04

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

My understanding of SVRT is that SVRT can either :

Suggest, based on your timeline content, the most appropriate output profile - preset or custom - to speed up rendering in production. Use ALT-s to show the SVRT track above the timeline.

and/or

speed up rendering if your timeline content matches your chosen production output.

These two may sound similar but in workflow terms they are very different. One is suggesting a suitable output format for you to use, the other allows you to chose your output format and then avail of SVRT if your workflow is planned accordingly.

For example, I have just finished a wedding video, compiling a 3 day event into 34 mins, the content is from multiple sources and cameras, image and video, .mp3 and .wav audio.

My workflow is to split the production into sections (11 in this case), compile and edit for each section, produce to MY CHOICE of output. This output choice will, of course, depend on several variables - such as content specs, audience type, playback facilities, streaming etc. etc.

SVRT is highly unilkely to be activated or of any significant use at this stage because of the multiple content types and amount of editing required.

However, when all the sections are completed, I can assemble them, do any minor transitions between sections etc. and then produce to my chosen output and SVRT will kick in and the final compiled render will be much, much quicker.

Any glitch or change in any particular section at this stage means only that the section needs to be edited, re-produced (No SVRT) and inserted into the final compilation where the whole can be re-produced with SVRT.

The key to understanding the use of SVRT is probably here, although this is from an old FAQ:

"Intelligent SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264 (Ultra64 version only) and DV-AVI (Type I) formats. In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) do not require rendering during production, and SVRT can therefore be applied:

The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.

The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile.

The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.

If all of the above conditions are met, SVRT can be used.

Any clips that do not meet the above criteria are fully rendered without SVRT

As you can see the chances of a timeline content exactly meeting those criteria in normal cicumstances is probably limited.

I stand to be corrected but I believe that in no case can SVRT be activated for a timeline content of images alone, SVRT only becomes a possibility for video content.

Hope that helps,
Adrian

Thank you for your effort.

But my problem is not about SVRT. I am getting problem in hardware rendering - Hardware Video Encoder. Even editing and producing a 720p 20 min video takes about 2 hours. I have i5 plus amd gpu so hardware rendering could save a lot of my time.

I hope somebody helps me or suggest a different software.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Pleasae repost the dxdiag.exe as a text file. Yours are compressed and I can't open rar files. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote Pleasae repost the dxdiag.exe as a text file. Yours are compressed and I can't open rar files.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
836 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2017 07:16

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
There was NO need to do a line by line listing of the dxdiag.exe text file. The attachment would have been enough. With the slow response of the Cyberlink forum, it just takes up too much time to load where the attachment is downloaded and open quicker.

You do not have enough hard disc space. All your hard drives are almost filled. Get rid of what you don't need or buy another drive and transfer the little used files to that.

You have a BEX64 error. That could be another of the issues. Search for that error and do the repair.

I'm ignoring the other issues for now. The space on hard drive is the one you should take care of now. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote There was NO need to do a line by line listing of the dxdiag.exe text file. The attachment would have been enough. With the slow response of the Cyberlink forum, it just takes up too much time to load where the attachment is downloaded and open quicker.

You do not have enough hard disc space. All your hard drives are almost filled. Get rid of what you don't need or buy another drive and transfer the little used files to that.

You have a BEX64 error. That could be another of the issues. Search for that error and do the repair.

I'm ignoring the other issues for now. The space on hard drive is the one you should take care of now.

Thank you for your patience for reading dxdiag text. Sorry for being noob, I am just dealing with few 720p anime videos of about 20 min with size approx 80MB. I think I have enough space for it.
[Post New]
EDIT : My original post was :"Fast Video Rendering Technology option greyed out while producing! Please HELP! NOT SOLVED!"

But after playing a little bit, I came to know that problem was only for Hardware Video encoder and SVRT is working completely fine.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1063 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
89 time(s)