Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Release and Discussion
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am truly amazed by the 360 stabiliser.

Just quickly re-did one of my latest videos with the new stabilising. I stabilised about 20 or so little clips in this 4 minute movie. If you have two monitors, open a Youtube tab on each and watch them simultaneous (but cut the sound in one of them, for sanity's sake ). The difference is stunning!

Original, unstabilised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_2bcqaTKs

Redone stabilised version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwT0hFnt66k

Perhaps to some it may not have such big deal upgrades, but for 360 enthusiasts I can tell you it does have some groundbreaking stuff. Some issues thoug, like the 360 Start view edit only makes sense if you move around the Y-axis. Changing X or Z axis view messes up horizon and air. I've opened topics on my issues to not have a discussion here, like advised.

regards, Frank

That was a huge difference Frank. I see you also re-did the titles by converting them to 360 titles. Nice work.
Cam42069 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2020 17:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
No f*ckin' idea where to post this, so let's get it.

Who can tell me how I can change the playback speed of a video or audio clip WITHOUT it altering the placement of clips that come after it?
I just had a VERY frustrating time and almost punted my computer because of this simple feature that seems coutner-productive. I had to edit some audio speed, no big deal. I did it, Then I continued work for about 20 minute BEFORE I realized every clip in Track1 had moved itself back to compensate. I had to backtrack to find out where I f*cked up, and then unf*ck everything.
This is a terrible feature that, in my opinion, shouldn't exist. It creates hassle and I can't be the only one who thinks so.
IS this program invented by people who have never worked on any type of real video project?
Sorry, I'm angry and rambling. Just looking for a solution to what seems to be PD going against the programming.
HOW can I slow down/speed up a clip and not have to repiece my project?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You're actually encouraged to start a new thread if you don't see an existing one that answers your question.

In any case, you're obviously frustrated by the movement of clips after changing the playback speed of a clip closer to the start of the timeline, but how can the following clips stay in place when a clip in front of them is now longer or shorter in duration? Were you maybe expecting the shortened clip to leave blank space between it and the next clip, or for the longer clip to overwrite the following one?

There's really no way around that behavior if you edit the clip's duration in place, and that's by design.

The easiest option is to move that clip to the end of the project and make the duration change, and then move it back. If you've shortened the clip, drag and drop it so that the leading edge is right up against the preceding clip, then right-click in the blank area to the right of shortened clip and choose Remove and Move Clips on the Same Track.

If you've lengthened the clip, drag it back to the original position as above and drop it into place, then choose Insert from the pop-up menu so that only that track's content gets shifted.

Something to be aware of when working with multiple tracks is that changing the duration of a clip on one track will actually cause all following content on all tracks to be affected, and the "isolation technique" I just described will still work.

There's also an option to lock all tracks other than the one your desired clip is on, so any duration changes you make to it won't ripple down to the other tracks.

I hope you can chalk this up to a learning experience and move on, now that you're older and wiser

It may also help to make sure you have the auto-save turned on so you can go back many versions of edits if you need to recover anything that got changed somewhere along the way.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°