Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVC 1080/50 or 60p Users - PD11 Review
Bordo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: US Joined: Jul 11, 2012 00:39 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
jmone, thanks for your help. Followed your recommendations, created and patched file with no B frames - now it plays fine and smoothly.
Yes, on two PC was tha latest PD11, on the third one was PD11 free demo, all three work in the same way.

dhnj, thanks for pinting tho this tool. I tried VideoReDo TV H264 demo. It does not fix neither PD11 rendered or FixPD output files. I creates a small file, and quits working. But what it does good, it allows to cu/joint original CAM files and smart-render them. After rendered file can be used straight to multiAVCH with no any additonal pathnig by FixPD needed. Authore files play smoothly as well.

I know that this is not the right place to talk about it. I just want to sare what I have found so far as working solution for smart rendering 1080p60 CAM files. I aslo tried one more tool: TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4. Renered file needs to be "processed" by FixPD before inputting in to multiACHD. But it patches file nicely. Autored file play with no problems. I read and seen in mneu options, TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 can also author AVCHD 2.0. but it creates BDAV folders. I will try to burn them to DVD-R and test on my BD player. But I am not sure if BDAV files structe is reaaly accoroidng to AVHD spec. It is no AVCHxx folder in it. Some AVCHD player might not play this.
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it is fixed. Your issue will be one of two things:
1- Something is till wrong with B frame produced by PD but more likely
2- GOPs without B frames are easer to process (you may find the encoding at a lower bit rate will also work)
...or a combo of the two - who knows.

The only real downside with the no B Frames GOP is that the file produced may be larger.

Re: Audio Sync: I too have seen this issue with older versions of PD which is why YMMV with fixPD (try the newer version). What it does is demux the streams and in remuxing a new time code is added to the streams. This can expose any issue of both sync in general or transition issues between SVRT and Rendering points. You may want to try plain CPU rendering as it will all be one process over the entirety of you file rather than SVRT that uses both.
PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
Bordo [Avatar]
[Post New]
jmone, thank you so much for your help. I will keep experimenting.
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: jmone, thanks for your help. Followed your recommendations, created and patched file with no B frames - now it plays fine and smoothly.
Yes, on two PC was tha latest PD11, on the third one was PD11 free demo, all three work in the same way.

dhnj, thanks for pinting tho this tool. I tried VideoReDo TV H264 demo. It does not fix neither PD11 rendered or FixPD output files. I creates a small file, and quits working. But what it does good, it allows to cu/joint original CAM files and smart-render them. After rendered file can be used straight to multiAVCH with no any additonal pathnig by FixPD needed. Authore files play smoothly as well.

I know that this is not the right place to talk about it. I just want to sare what I have found so far as working solution for smart rendering 1080p60 CAM files. I aslo tried one more tool: TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4. Renered file needs to be "processed" by FixPD before inputting in to multiACHD. But it patches file nicely. Autored file play with no problems. I read and seen in mneu options, TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 can also author AVCHD 2.0. but it creates BDAV folders. I will try to burn them to DVD-R and test on my BD player. But I am not sure if BDAV files structe is reaaly accoroidng to AVHD spec. It is no AVCHxx folder in it. Some AVCHD player might not play this.

Bordo, Can please upload a PD11 rendered file so that I can test it with my VideoReDo h264.
My VideoReDo H264 output is 100% in sync & has no problems with MultiAVCHD.
Bordo [Avatar]
[Post New]
dhnj, link for upoloaded file sent to PM.
Let us know please what you will find.
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: dhnj, link for upoloaded file sent to PM.
Let us know please what you will find.

I have tested your PD11 rendered file.
Attached please find result documentation in PDF file.
 Filename
PD11-VideoReDo-MultiAVCHD.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1053 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thread hijacked numerous times. Following a consultation with thread author, post locked.

Contents may be deleted to bring this thread back to it's original purpose.

Forum Moderator

Edited, added an "a"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2013 14:37